Windows 10: Application doesn't work with virtual desktops in Windows 10.

Discus and support Application doesn't work with virtual desktops in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I use an application which doesn't seem to work with virtual desktops in Windows 10. The application becomes slower and slower when I have more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cdysthe, May 22, 2016.

1. cdysthe Win User

Application doesn't work with virtual desktops in Windows 10.

Hi,

I use an application which doesn't seem to work with virtual desktops in Windows 10. The application becomes slower and slower when I have more than one desktop and after a while it takes a couple of minutes to open it and sometimes it doesn't open at all. When I reboot it works for a little while and then it slows down and becomes unresponsive again. If I delete the virtual desktops the application starts working normally again.

I have run it for hours now without problems. Then I created a second desktop and after a little while the application is unresponsive again. Is this a known problem with applications that they may not work with the new virtual desktops in Windows 10? I guess there's nothing I can do about it other than reporting it as a bug with the application developer?

:)

cdysthe, May 22, 2016

2. Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Is there a keyboard shortcut for moving applications between virtual desktops? I have a

video
    for my desktop wallpaper and using the task view stops it. But, using the keyboard shortcuts to create and move between virtual desktops doesn't. A search for virtual desktop on

this page
    gave me the impression that there isn't a keyboard shortcut for moving applications between desktops.

Weird Odd Wodd, May 22, 2016
  3. Endi75 Win User
    virtual desktops and notifications from hidden desktop

hi

on hidden virtual desktop application
    sometimes shows an error. This error
    pops up on my current virtual desktop.
    Is not that a mistake? Second observation: application
    launches another application on a hidden
    virtual desktop. This application runs on
    my active desktop and interferes with
    work!

Endi75, May 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, not heard anything like that. Would you care to advise the name of the program and its home page? Thanks.

dalchina, May 23, 2016
  5. cdysthe Win User
    I was wrong. It has started happening when I have only one desktop. It just takes a little longer before the application slows down and becomes unresponsive. The application in question is Glary Utilities 5.5. It has some features I use all the time like file splitting and a good process manager. I have used the application for years on other flavors of Windows without problems, but on my current Windows 10 install it grinds to a halt after having been open for a little while. I have no problems with any other application, only thin one. The screenshots are after I have waiting a couple of minutes for the application to show up at all.

cdysthe, May 23, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Application doesn't work with virtual desktops in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Application doesn't virtual

2. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  3. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  4. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows 10 virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 virtual desktops: I just started to use desktops on windows 10 ---- on one of my laptop it works ok --- create a new desktop and it is clear -- no open windows and tabs on my other win 10 laptop --- when I open a desktop the items form the previous desktop bleed into the new desktop Is there a...
  6. Virtual Desktop not working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Virtual Desktop not working on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Virtual Desktops allow us to segregate our work. It has a lot of advantages, such as decluttered workspace, multitasking capabilities, and more. However, some users complain that Virtual Desktop is not working on their Windows 11/10 computers. In some scenarios, Virtual...
  7. Preserve virtual desktops AND open applications on reboot - Still not working Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preserve virtual desktops AND open applications on reboot - Still not working Windows 10 21H2: 2 years ago, this was posted. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhvdc3/preserve_virtual_desktops_and_open_applications/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 still not working on windows 10 21H2. Also not working on windows 11. I actually got my corporation...
  8. Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-virtual-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  9. Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work: Hi, I have the following problem: switching virtual desktops to the right (CTRL+WIN+Right Arrow) doesn't work. On the other hand, when I go to e.g. desktop number 3 (using WIN+TAB and mouse) I can switch to the left using CTRL+WIN+Left Arrow without any difficulties......
  10. Move applications to virtual desktops.

in Windows 10 Support
    Move applications to virtual desktops.: Hi, I was so happy to see virtual desktops on Windows. However, there's one thing I can't figure out: How do I move and application from one desktop to another, and how can I make sure an application always opens on the same virtual desktop? This was easy on Linux, but...