Windows 10: Application error in importer DLL while importing vcf to Win contacts.

Discus and support Application error in importer DLL while importing vcf to Win contacts. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I am not sure if this is the suitable forum section or not. I have exported my Android cellphone contacts into a single VCF file. Then, I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hadramawt, May 12, 2017.

1. Hadramawt Win User

Application error in importer DLL while importing vcf to Win contacts.

Hi,
    I am not sure if this is the suitable forum section or not.
    I have exported my Android cellphone contacts into a single VCF file.
    Then, I have sent that VCF file to my Windows 10 notebook via Bluethooth.
    However, while importing contacts to Windows 10 Contact folder from that VCF file, I found this error:

Application error in importer DLL while importing vcf to Win contacts. [​IMG]

My contacts were put one after another until I got faced with this error below. About 91 contacts have been already imported into Windows 10 contacts folder.
    However, then I was faced with error below. I don't know if this means that my contacts have reached to the end in the VCF file or not since I don't know how many contacts are there in the file. However, if so, I think, I would have been notified that the import process had completed well.
    How to fix this error.

Bear in mind these points:
    1- that there were 511 contacts exported from my Android phone memory to my SD as a vcf file while using "export/import" option under phone contacts. Exporting contacts in Android phones can only export contacts as vcf file?

2- Hoping to edit contacts saved in one single vcf file , and while intending to remove all data in my phone memory and SD, I sent the vcf file to my Windows 10 notebook via the Bluetooth to be imported there into my Windows 10 user 's contacts folder. So, to be able to edit contacts on my Windows 10, I had to open the contacts folder and selected "import" option . After that, I have navigated to vcf file. Finally, contacts were put one after another in that folder and I edit what I want to edit until I was faced that error.
    I wanted to edit my Android phone contacts on my Windows 10 notebook since I have two reasons: the first is that my contacts saved on my phone memory are messed up. So, I am hoping to organise them on my notebook and keep a backup on my notebook. Then I will export back the edited contacts to a vfc file to be imported to my phone memory. The other i that notebook screen is far wide to edit contacts comfortably.

3- I imported contacts from vcf file to my Windows 10 user account's contacts folder. On my windows 10 notebook, I didn't use any Windows Live Mail or Outlook Express .
    Did you mean Windows Live Mail is packed in Windows 10 installation by default? If not, then I did not use any mail Apps at all while importing.

4- that I have been trying to only import multiple contacts which are packed in one single vcf file. So while importing those contacts from vcf file to Windows 10 user account contacts folder, I was prompted with a "contact properties" Window, in each time click on OK, then I see contacts were put one after another in contacts folder of windows user account I m logger into. On other words, once I clicked on import option , then navigated to where vcf file is, then I saw that contacts were put in contact folder of Windows user account one after another until I got to one contact (I posted its screenshot previously) where I was faced with that error. Thus, my problem is NOT in your speech "importing multiple contacts, it is better to use .csv. When importing .vcf files, they need to be imported one at a time. "
    The issue is the error appearing after I clicked on "OK" in the prompted window of that specific contact to let it be put/add in the contact folder as I did with others I was prompted with before.
    So that error interrupted the process although there are still other contacts in the vcf file which I was still not prompted with as I was prompted with those already added. All contacts which were put/ imported from vcf file to Windows 10 user account's contacts folder were 91 out of 511.

:)

Hadramawt, May 12, 2017

2. Application error in importer DLL "Windows Mail\wabimp.dll' while importing VCF file to Windows 10 Contacts folder

Thanks a lot,

Do you please understand me? I did neither use Outlook Express, nor other Mail Apps. I only used Mail-built in Windows 10. So,
    give me suggestions in Windows 10 built-in Mail, which is saved on
    C:\Program Files\Windows Mail? Also, I am only having that issue while importing from contacts from a single VCF file, and not
    csv? Besides, I don't export at all.

I only opened the Windows 10 User Account Contacts folder, and then selected 'import' option, and then navigated to the VCF file, and then whenever clicking on 'OK' in each "contact properties" Window shown to me, then I see it being put in the contact
    folder. About 90(screen shot below) contacts were put one after another until I got to an Application error in importer DLL while on a specific "contact properties" Window(screen shot below) . I started over the import process from the same VCF file, and the
    same happened when came to importing the same contact.

I run the CCleaner utility to remove any temp files. However, the same thing still continued?

Since I am afraid perhaps the first importing messed the system files, then I even restored my entire OS from a previous Windows 10 System image created before importing contacts from VCF file to my Windows 10 user account contacts folder. However, when
    I tried importing again contacts after restoration completed, I found the same error.

a cooperator, May 12, 2017
  3. Application error in importer DLL "Windows Mail\wabimp.dll' while importing VCF file to Windows 10 Contacts folder

Thanks lot,

Yes, but originally my issue is in your 2 step above, i.e. while importing a
    combined VCF file(Not individual VCF file) to my Windows 10 user account's contact folder, I was faced with that error. Not all contacts combined in the VCF were imported/added to my Windows 10 user account's
    contact folder. However, after about 90 contacts extracted from combined VCF file and imported/added to Windows 10 user account folder, I was faced with that error when getting to a specific contact being extracted in
    that combined vcf file. I.e. while Windows 10 was extracting the contacts from the VCF file, I was faced with that error when coming to a specific contact. I hope you understand me.

On the other hand, when importing a CSV file to my Windows 10 contact folder, there is no error. However, I am asked to change the mab (select field text for contact fields). I found that contact fields are very strange. They are few in comparison to
    original contacts were exported from my Android phone.

Why do you suggest Free VCF file to CSV converter ? I don't have any issue with importing from CSV files. However, importing from CSV was bad since the contacts fields to be added in the imported contacts to my Windows 10 user contacts folder from CSV
    were missed according to the original contacts saved in the CSV.

a cooperator, May 12, 2017
Thema:

Application error in importer DLL while importing vcf to Win contacts.

1. Application error in importer DLL while importing vcf to Win contacts. - Similar Threads - Application error importer

2. importation contact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  3. importation contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  4. Has Microsoft fixed the issue of importing contacts using .vcf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft fixed the issue of importing contacts using .vcf?: I've read the questions and answers on here. The mindless people telling us to stop asking for features that you have not built. Have you fixed this issue yet? Build in the functionality that your customers ask for. We pay you. You do not pay us.I do not want my Google...
  5. Has Microsoft fixed the issue of importing contacts using .vcf?

Has Microsoft fixed the issue of importing contacts using .vcf?: I've read the questions and answers on here. The mindless people telling us to stop asking for features that you have not built. Have you fixed this issue yet? Build in the functionality that your customers ask for. We pay you. You do not pay us.I do not want my Google...
  6. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  7. How to import multiple contacts into the People app from one .vcf file?

How to import multiple contacts into the People app from one .vcf file?: Hello, I'm trying to import multiple contacts into the Windows' People app from one .vcf file. When I click the file, the app appears, but only allows me to import one contact....
  8. importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?: I have my MS Mail pointed to my Yahoo account. I need to import contacts from here C:\Users\cechi\Contacts - how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-vcf-contacts-into-ms-mail-how-do-i/f912bfd9-4d93-4633-a8aa-d859ab1b308d"
  9. Contact import

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact import: Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-import/a3299a42-38e5-4d53-ab18-d896397392fc"
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application error in importer dll wabimp.dll

2. application error in importer dll