Windows 10: Application Guard Container Service High CPU

Discus and support Application Guard Container Service High CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Upon cold start, the Host Service: Application Guard Container Service (AGCS) exhibits high cpu usage between 30=50% for a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aka72twn, Aug 28, 2018.

1. aka72twn Win User

Application Guard Container Service High CPU

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Upon cold start, the Host Service: Application Guard Container Service (AGCS) exhibits high cpu usage between 30=50% for a full two minutes, then stops.

At startup, I sensed that my cpu fan was running at higher than normal speed, so I opened Task Manager and observed AGCS using high cpu for almost two minutes.

This high cpu usage is a recent occurance, but not sure what instigated it.

I've researched AGCS online and see that it's a new feature of sandboxing Edge, but I thought it was only for Enterprise level Windows 10.

Should I be concerned, or is this the "new normal" ?

Thanks.

:)

aka72twn, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Paul.Woz Win User

TokenBroker services causes high CPU utilization?

We have Windows 10 Pro version 1703, 64bit.

We see CPU stay at 50-60%, and spike up to 99-100% for extended times. We have been able to isolate the high CPU to the Token Broker service by using the Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer.

We understand this service has something to do with the Windows Store and Authentication and was added in with the Anniversary update. With it turned off, we return to normal CPU utilization, but we are unsure if this service is a requirement.

Microsoft is a bit ambiguous on this service, even the description for the service reads "<Failed to Read Description, Error Code:1500 >"

• Because there isn't a lot of documentation on this we are unsure if we even need this service. Can we simply disable this service permanently?
    • Is anyone aware of the Token Broker service causing high CPU like this?

Paul.Woz, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 28, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

High CPU Usage Problem

Hello,

SvcHost.exe is a system process that hosts multiple Windows services in Windows Operating Systems. If there are multiple instances of svchost.exe in Task Manager, it could be that there are multiple third-party applications that are running in the background
    services.

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you boot your device in Safe Mode and see if you are still getting a high CPU usage. You may follow the steps here on this
    link to start your PC in Safe Mode.

Keep us updated with the results.

David Haz, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Application Guard Container Service High CPU - Similar Threads - Application Guard Container

2. High CPU Using Random Application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High CPU Using Random Application: Hello I opened a file And my computer went viral When I opened the file An error occurred. The error description was: negga Then I clicked OK I came across the blue screen of death And the computer restarted I immediately changed Windows When Windows changed I was getting...
  3. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  4. Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu and high ram.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu and high ram.: Hi, Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu almost 60% and high memory even when windows defender is not running a scan. I have been facing this issue from the past week and this service is continuously taking high cpu and high ram even when I am not idle....
  5. WDAG - Application Guard

WDAG - Application Guard: Hello, We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot on gen 8 i5, ssd, 8 gig of ram lasts around two minutes and along with all the other services starting impacts the initial...
  6. Service Host: Network Service - High CPU

Service Host: Network Service - High CPU: Is my 'Service Host: Network Service' out of order while asking 27+% CPU?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-high-cpu/5302eaba-a053-472d-9269-2a9a2c11bb6a
  7. Waves MaxxAudio Service Application Causing High CPU output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waves MaxxAudio Service Application Causing High CPU output: Hello, I recently updated my windows, but I've noticed that whenever I run anything with audio, like youtube or video games, my CPU usage output jumps through the roof. The Waves MaxxAudio Service Application seems to be causing it to run at 80-100% capacity according to...
  8. windows service high cpu

windows service high cpu: cdpsvcuser_3cdb9 this thing is taking cpu why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-service-high-cpu/118feeee-749b-4a25-ba69-035c30120779
  9. Windows Application Guard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Application Guard: Windows Application Guard is on my Windows Features but its greyed out . I turned on Hyper -V but its made no difference . Hasn't it been rolled out to the public yet...
  10. Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU: Recently, one of my service host processes in the task manager showed about 13% CPU usage on my i7. I manually restarted each service in its list and found my problems: Application Information refused to stop on its own, but User Profile Service, which takes Application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application guard container service high cpu

2. application guard high cpu

3. hvsics Application Guard Container Service