Windows 10: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR]

Discus and support Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR] in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys. I wouldn't come to bother you with this issue if I haven't searched some other forums before without success. This issue is only happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nanakji, Jul 4, 2016.

1. nanakji Win User

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR]

Hello guys. I wouldn't come to bother you with this issue if I haven't searched some other forums before without success. This issue is only happening with one game: Modern Warfare 3 (Steam version). Let me explain:
    -First I got the "Graphic drivers stop responding...." error which is easily fixed by changing TdrDelay at the Regedit menu. I changed it from 3 to 10 and after that, the error now is "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" with the respective freezing of the game and tray notification.

I used Display Driver Uninstaller for removing all drivers from my GPU and re installing the latest version (HD 5770 AMD graphic card). Anyway, I can play ANY OTHER GAME with no issues at all. It only happens with MWF3 *Eek

I really don't know what else to do (maybe reinstalling the game, but I want to be shure there is no other problem with my system). Is there any other Tdr value that can be changed?

Thanks for kind help!!!

EDIT: The only thing I can remember is that this started happening after AMD asked for a software update an a AMD Evolded app shown up asking for "optimizing games". The latest to be optimized was MWF3. I have uninstalled AMD Evolved to see if maybe it made some changes to MWF3 as a "gaming profile" style and now I can't revert that...just maybe...

:)

nanakji, Jul 4, 2016

2. The application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

I'd love to show a screenshot, but the minute I click on anything else the error message goes away.

All it says is -

Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

Application Wow-64.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

Not sure why it has to say it twice.

TracyAnisha, Jul 4, 2016
  3. JerryLippey, Jul 4, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

I would suggest using this http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...%2010%20-%2064

Please uninstall the current drivers and use DDU. Install the above drivers you have already downloaded and select custom install and install only the graphics driver. See if that helps.

essenbe, Jul 4, 2016
  5. nanakji Win User
    Thanks for kind response. I will try that and report here.

nanakji, Jul 4, 2016
  6. nanakji Win User
    What I'm worried is that I may have the same issue thant THIS guy who has tried almost everything. I also haven't changed anything related to TDR level, I only changed TDR Delay which fixed the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" that I had before this issue, so I guess that guy and me are having a problem with the TDR Registry or something similar.

nanakji, Jul 5, 2016
  7. nanakji Win User
    Hello. I did what you said above: Uninstalled everything with DDU app in safe mode. Install only graphical drivers, I avoided the AMD Evolved app. When restart to normal mode, I went to "Gaming" menu at the control center and erase MWF3 from the profiles there just in case. I turned my Malware Bytes off while gaming. what I noticed is that the game runs smooth again, no more stutter as while the error was ocurring. I have been tasting game for almost an hour without a crash.

The remanent questions I have, which I haven't seen at any forum are: What and why "application is being blocked"? I guess if someone could fine the definitve answer to that many gamers will be thankfull. Thanks again for your kind help!

nanakji, Jul 5, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

I really can't answer that, I have no idea. It could have been whatever AMD Evolved app, which I've not heard of. You uninstalled it, but perhaps some elements of it were left over and calling for the application, which was no longer there.

But, I'm glad you have the game running right again. I hope it stays fixed.

essenbe, Jul 5, 2016
  9. nanakji Win User
    Just for letting you know: THIS is the app I think it screwed with the game because after latest patch, the app also was updated an auto started to "optimize" all my games, and the last to be "optimized" was exactly the one which caused the issue. Although, the only think i regret is that I couldnt gather enough information to build a solid step by step solution which works for every person having this annoying issue (AMD, NVIDIA, INTEL graphics, the three brands are having it). Any way: thanks and thanks!

nanakji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [ERROR] - Similar Threads - Application has been

2. "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware": These crashes have been going on forever now. They've been in almost any game I play, Halo Infinite, Titanfall 2, Apex legends, Risk of Rain 2 and others. I've tried multiple fixes such as editing my registry, running a system file checker, running the game as Administrator,...
  3. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hello, Since 3 days I'm getting a message that says Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. I've tried a lot of things including: Reinstalling Windows 10 Reinstalling drivers Changed TlrDelay Set drivers back to previous version FurMark GPU stress...
  4. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: I get this error when I play games the game crashes and this is what it says. I don't know how to fix it please someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-has-been-blocked-from-accessing/a95d3a87-8774-434e-b164-daf2fa68e6c8
  5. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hi, I keep getting this message during gaming, after the game freezes. I've looked it up and tried many things, but in vain. Here's everything i've tried: 1) DISM scan and restore commands 2) scannow 3) reinstalling intel and nvidia drivers (my nvidia drivers are not the...
  6. application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: I know it was here lot times before but with no solution for me. Today (25.7.2018) at about 14:00 everything is normal and smooth. On the evening the same day (18:00) after i start any game or program witch uses my GK i get that error application XXXX has been blocked from...
  7. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: [ATTACH] Many a time it may so happen that programs on your Windows 10 PC get denied of accessing graphics hardware. The message says that an application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. One of the common scenarios is when [...] This post Application has...
  8. "Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware": I've been getting this error message a couple times on Youtube and in games. It makes the screen freeze for a second. What is the cause of this and how do I fix it? 56074
  9. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hello everyone, I have just moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (clean install, not an upgrade) and am now getting an error when running DirectX 9 games (Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3), it freezes the game and forces me to end the process, then gives me the titled...
  10. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: My issue began when I first launched a game on my computer. After playing for a bit my AMD driver crashed. It prompted me with an error reading "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" but it didn't give me much information. I then used the AMD Utility software...