Windows 10: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Discus and support Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My issue began when I first launched a game on my computer. After playing for a bit my AMD driver crashed. It prompted me with an error reading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bob2131, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Bob2131 Win User

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

My issue began when I first launched a game on my computer. After playing for a bit my AMD driver crashed. It prompted me with an error reading "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" but it didn't give me much information. I then used the AMD Utility software to preform a clean uninstall of AMD drivers, and installed new drivers taken from the AMD website. When I tried to play the game again it crashed, this time it prompted me with another error message informing me that the "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".

I've tried the following in an attempt to fix the issue:

1) Tried using compatibility mode.
    2) Tried running as administrator.
    3) Tried turning off anti-virus software.
    4) Used AMD Utility software to perform a clean uninstall of ADM drivers, reinstalled drivers. (No change)
    5) Used DDU software to perform a clean uninstall of AMD drivers, reinstalled drivers. (No change)
    6) Used regedit to increase TdrDelay to 8, did not fix the issue.
    7) Used regedit to set TdrLevel to 0, did not fix the issue.
    8) Tried using SFC, Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    9) Tried using DISM but it didn't come back with any issues either.

I'm not sure what else to do and there's little helpful information to be found online. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

:)

Bob2131, Mar 1, 2017
  2. JerryLippey, Mar 1, 2017
  3. The application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

I'd love to show a screenshot, but the minute I click on anything else the error message goes away.

All it says is -

Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

Application Wow-64.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

Not sure why it has to say it twice.

TracyAnisha, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Hi, bob
    - could you complete your system specs information with as much detail as you can find
    - this may help someone to track down a possible solution for your problem..

- cheers.. *Wink

BugMeister, Mar 6, 2017
Thema:

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

1. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware - Similar Threads - Application has been

2. "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware": These crashes have been going on forever now. They've been in almost any game I play, Halo Infinite, Titanfall 2, Apex legends, Risk of Rain 2 and others. I've tried multiple fixes such as editing my registry, running a system file checker, running the game as Administrator,...
  3. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hello, Since 3 days I'm getting a message that says Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. I've tried a lot of things including: Reinstalling Windows 10 Reinstalling drivers Changed TlrDelay Set drivers back to previous version FurMark GPU stress...
  4. Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware: I got an error at the sidebar saying "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware". Was changing some settings in Nvidia Control Panel, and these error happens submitted by /u/sd2dude [link] [comments]...
  5. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: I get this error when I play games the game crashes and this is what it says. I don't know how to fix it please someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-has-been-blocked-from-accessing/a95d3a87-8774-434e-b164-daf2fa68e6c8
  6. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hi, I keep getting this message during gaming, after the game freezes. I've looked it up and tried many things, but in vain. Here's everything i've tried: 1) DISM scan and restore commands 2) scannow 3) reinstalling intel and nvidia drivers (my nvidia drivers are not the...
  7. application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: I know it was here lot times before but with no solution for me. Today (25.7.2018) at about 14:00 everything is normal and smooth. On the evening the same day (18:00) after i start any game or program witch uses my GK i get that error application XXXX has been blocked from...
  8. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: [ATTACH] Many a time it may so happen that programs on your Windows 10 PC get denied of accessing graphics hardware. The message says that an application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. One of the common scenarios is when [...] This post Application has...
  9. "Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Application Has Been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware": I've been getting this error message a couple times on Youtube and in games. It makes the screen freeze for a second. What is the cause of this and how do I fix it? 56074
  10. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware: Hello everyone, I have just moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (clean install, not an upgrade) and am now getting an error when running DirectX 9 games (Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 1,2 and 3), it freezes the game and forces me to end the process, then gives me the titled...