Windows 10: Application opens ONLY as taskbar-minimal - running but inaccessible

Discus and support Application opens ONLY as taskbar-minimal - running but inaccessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; lots of posts on this one but no answers I have found. I have one little application that I have used since 8.1 called Peace.exe - a GUI for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Jun 8, 2017.

1. cognus Win User

Application opens ONLY as taskbar-minimal - running but inaccessible

lots of posts on this one but no answers I have found. I have one little application that I have used since 8.1 called Peace.exe - a GUI for the Equalizer APO. worked great until the Creators update. It is in my Startup folder - but Startup or manually invoked, it will run, but appear only in the minimal state - icon on the taskbar, and if hovered, it appears like it should, but will not open on the desktop. tried uninstall/reinstall but get the same.

any ideas how to remedy? is there a 'state snapshot' in a cache somewhere that needs whacking?

:)

cognus, Jun 8, 2017

2. Microsoft Fix-It Tool still avaliable for windows 10 pro 64bit

File Explorer open only minimized in taskbar and not maximized anywai.

The Microsoft Word is equal, open only minimized in taskbar and not maximized anywai.

Other applications open normally;

internet explorer, excel, access and other programs

Miguelanghi, Jun 8, 2017
  3. Unable to swith between multiple applications open in taskbar

*Original Title: Taskbar Application

Hi Microsoft Team,

When i have multiple applications open, i cannot switch between them.

Example: If i have Outlook open and want to open Google Chrome, i have to click on Outlook icon on the taskbar to first minimize it then proceed and open Google Chrome.

It doesn't allow me to switch between applications using the taskbar options without minimizing the current application first.

Please assist

Thanks

AshlinKandan, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

When an app runs and shows a thumbnail when hovering over it's task bar icon, but refuses to appear on the screen it usually means the window is open, but it's lost track of its coordinates. There is an open window, but it's now somewhere off the edge of your screen.

Try right-clicking on the Taskbar and select 'Cascade windows'. This will rearrange all the open windows to appear inside the visible screen area.

Bree, Jun 8, 2017
  5. cognus Win User
    finally got it by uninstalling the old and reinstalling using his 64 bit version.

cognus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Application opens ONLY as taskbar-minimal - running but inaccessible - Similar Threads - Application opens taskbar

2. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  3. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  4. More than 10 keyboard shortcuts to open/minimize applications pinned to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More than 10 keyboard shortcuts to open/minimize applications pinned to taskbar?: Hello. In Windows OS, we can use "Windows logo key + number" keyboard shortcut to open any application pinned to taskbar, or minimize it, if it was already open. That allows us to control 10 applications, since there are 10 numbers. I'm looking for a way to control more than...
  5. More than 10 keyboard shortcuts to open/minimize applications pinned to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More than 10 keyboard shortcuts to open/minimize applications pinned to taskbar?: Hello. In Windows OS, we can use "Windows logo key + number" keyboard shortcut to open any application pinned to taskbar, or minimize it, if it was already open. That allows us to control 10 applications, since there are 10 numbers. I'm looking for a way to control more than...
  6. Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.: One of my application - When opened, is minimized to taskbar. I tried a lot of solutions with Cascade windows, Cntrl+Shift > Right click and Maximize windows. None of them helped. I have tried uninstall and re-install option, which also haven't worked....
  7. Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized: I'd like to use the Task Scheduler to open an application minimized. It seems this question has not been answered with a solution that can be accomplished using the interface. I have a simple solution and will post it but first I'd like to hear from the community....
  8. Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly: I have a Windows 10 Home laptop. It is not a touch screen. When I'm using the internet or playing games on my laptop, whatever application I'm using will just start acting like I've clicked off the screen into another application when I only have the one I'm using open. I've...
  9. Applications minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications minimizing: When I open any application on my lenovo computer, it comes up and automatically minimizes. When I try to save my work, it saves the work them minimizes. The most annoying is using TruboTax, it minimizes after each entry. I ran a full system virus scan and there were no...
  10. Application stays minimized in the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Application stays minimized in the Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] So you’re using your Windows 10 computer, and right out of the blue, one or more of your open windows are automatically minimized to the taskbar. You’ve decided to bring them back up again, but the problem persists. The application/s [...] This post Application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows application opens on bar only

2. ivms4200 windows opens but only is task bar

3. apllications will only open in the task bar

4. application only opens on taskbar ,
  5. quickbooks 2019 partically opens task bar only,
  6. .exe only opens to taskbar,
  7. open applications only running on taskbar windows,
  8. my application only opens in taskbar