Windows 10: Application preview

Discus and support Application preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I clicked on something in show hidden icons task bar that caused a preview of open applications to appear in the right side bar area of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank C, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Frank C Win User

Application preview

Hi,
    I clicked on something in show hidden icons task bar that caused a preview of open applications to appear in the right side bar area of the screen in the gadgets area.
    If I rt click it the options are:
    Always show this process
    Always on top
    Opacity
    Process
    Minimize Window
    Close window - this closes the application

I don't want this and I need help in deactivating it
    Thanks

Windows 10 Hp Envy
    Application preview [​IMG]

:)

Frank C, Dec 5, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

PRINT PREVIEW

Print preview is performed by individual applications. Open an application (e.g., Word, Wordpad) and use it's print preview function.

BulldogXX, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Taskbar application preview

Open Start > Settings > System > Display

Make sure recommended settings are selected for Scale and Layout and Screen resolution.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Frank C Win User

Application preview

I got rid of it:
    Rt click sidebar > Select options > Click View Tab > untick Show Window-Manager

Application preview [​IMG]

Frank C, Dec 5, 2015
  5. AndreyT Win User
    Windows 10 does not have "gadgets" or "gadgets area". Whatever "gadget area" you have on your desktop is a product of a third-party software, which has nothing to do with Windows. You have to specify what software it is if you want to ask questions about it.

AndreyT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Application preview

1. Application preview - Similar Threads - Application preview

2. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  3. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  4. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  5. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  6. Application "Photos" - only photo preview

Application "Photos" - only photo preview: Hello. If I have photo files and movies mixed in the folder or loosely on the desktop, the default application "Photos" shows me a preview not only of photos, but also screenshots of the first frames of the movies. How can I change the settings of this application so that it...
  7. How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?: [ATTACH] So, after some update the preview behavior changed, now it looks like this: https://preview.redd.it/5a3s5vaoj6i41.png?width=341&format=png&auto=webp&s=6b3e33ebc1c5ba0d5911e35fafb2af7afad58775 It used to display both windows next to each over just like its...
  8. Autoplay Media Studio 8.5 won't preview or run created application.

Autoplay Media Studio 8.5 won't preview or run created application.: Here is my problem: I have had Autoplay Media Studio 8.5 installed on this PC for a long time and now all of a sudden it won't work. Something appears to be blocking it from running or intercepting it and shutting it down. AMS 8.5 is a program for creating other programs...
  9. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...
  10. Support for Pen with Windows Application Driver v1.1 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Support for Pen with Windows Application Driver v1.1 Preview: Windows Application Driver (WinAppDriver) is continuing Microsoft’s investment in UI test automation tools for Windows 10, and now, we’re excited to announce the next release of WinAppDriver—version 1.1! A preview is available today— bringing support for Pen automation. The...