Windows 10: Application responsiveness

Discus and support Application responsiveness in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello tenforums users! So I am using applications like Process Lasso and WhySoSlow. Sometimes when turning on and using some of applications in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spayk, Sep 4, 2018.

1. spayk Win User

Application responsiveness

Hello tenforums users!

So I am using applications like Process Lasso and WhySoSlow.

Sometimes when turning on and using some of applications in the Process Lasso app I can see a Responsiveness of application that it has a high usage and my laptop freezes for few secs.

In the screenshot named "Responsiveness" it is a red statictic for the application responsiveness. You can see that it has high usage.

And in the application WhySoSlow I have a message after longer usage and tests:

"The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 336 microseconds. This is considered poor behavior. Your system may have difficulty handling multimedia in real-time and may be subject to unexpected stutters and unresponsive behavior"

So my question is:

How can I solve and what is responsible for "SM BIOS" option, which causes poor Application Responsiveness? Which driver or mechanism reffers to it?

Links to screens:
    http://oi63.tinypic.com/2w7p9ic.jpg
    http://oi64.tinypic.com/6jhsav.jpg

My specs:

Dream Machines laptop (Clevo based one),

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI (4GB of VRAM), 16 GB of RAM, 1x of 128GB ssd, 1x of 1TB hdd, Intel i7-7700HQ processor.

Any ideas? If u need more info just ask.

Thank you and greetings.

:)

spayk, Sep 4, 2018

2. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 4, 2018
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID (windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check whether the applications are compatible or not from the manufactures website. If these applications are compatible, I suggest you to run the application in compatible mode and check if it helps to
    resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Application responsiveness

Control Panel Mail "Application Not Found"

Hi Tobias,

Since you already attempted all of the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, we would like to ask a few questions so that we can assist you in resolve your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to change the settings for the Windows 10 Mail app or are you using a different application?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Application responsiveness

1. Application responsiveness - Similar Threads - Application responsiveness

2. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  3. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  4. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  5. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  6. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

.NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  8. Slow response opening applications Windows 10

Slow response opening applications Windows 10: Applications that usually open in a few seconds take up to 2 minutes to launch. I have no idea what might have changed in the last 24 hours. I'm up to date on Windows. The Task Manager Resource Manager shows 50%+ memory usage. I don't now whether that's atypical for my...
  9. Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications: Hi all, never thought it would come down to this but here is my issue. I have used window 10 for several months until I recently changed my faulty RAM which caused several hiccups. However after getting every all booted up, I realized my start and search button no longer...
  10. Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format: We have legacy MFC based desktop application, our application is loading configurations/settings from a file, floating points are either comma or decimal separated. Our application was running quite nicely on Windows 10 until we updated to 1903 Build. Application takes a lot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 233 microseconds. This is considered poor behavior. Your system may have difficulty handling multimedia in real-time and may be subject to unexpected stutters and unresponsive behavior. More i

2. why does the red responsiveness line stay high in process lasso?