Windows 10: Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

Discus and support Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnnySanderss, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a bunch of stuff. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on 6c28857f28d4564f90ec5eb955796b82.png

This is all it is and ive gone through a bunch of stuff but none of them work.

:)

JohnnySanderss, Aug 16, 2018

2. Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused

I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0.

I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender Free) started having some issues (they gui didn't display correctly) so I decided to uninstall it and just go with Windows Defender.

The problem is I can't get it to work... I get a notification in the Action Center saying to turn on the virus protection, when I click it, Windows Defender goes green(PC status: protected, Real time protection: on) for a second and then goes yellow again (PC status: Windows Defender is OFF, Real time protection: Handled by another AV program) and I get the notification again. If instead of clicking the notification I click "Turn on" on the Windows Defender gui, Windows opens another window, "Apps & Features" in settings, like asking me to uninstall the other, nonexistent AV.

Now, I've tried a lot of things...

• Of course, I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender. I used the official tool provided by them for this. There is nothing in the registry by bitdefender nor any file or folder by that name in my PC.

• I have tried every step listed here.

• I have tried to install another AV (Avast) and the uninstall it to see if this would "reset" somehow windows defender. (Nope.)

• I have run MBAM and nothing pops-up

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is noDisableAntiSpyware key. But in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is a DisableAntiSpyware key and its value is 0. (Not sure if this is important but wanted to give you the info.)

Anyone has any idea? Right now I'm thinking of downloading another AV or just go without any and be done with it. *Huh

ThunderRoad, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, Aug 16, 2018
  4. GRounds7 Win User

Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I'm using windows defender on a machine running windows 10. I recently had malware direct me to the site security -qh22.stream/page/01234567... During the process of dealing with this I noticed my firewalls had been turned off and the defender virus
    real time protection was turned off. the firewalls were able to be turned back on, but the real time protection does not. The free Mcafee Security Suite that came with the computer recently ended, and is off the machine or the taskbars where its icon used
    to appear. Any, advice on how to turn on the real time virus protection? Also any informtion about the web address listed above would be appreciated.

GRounds7, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

1. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on - Similar Threads - Application virus something

2. Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working: Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help me out. I have...
  3. Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working: Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help me out. I have...
  4. Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection: So i'm trying to do what the title says and basically it seems like it's impossible. Sure i can turn it off in the settings but every time i restart my computer it gets turned back on automatically. I was on windows 1803 a couple of days ago and i was able to simply turn it...
  5. Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender: I recently decided to uninstall all my anti-virus software and wanted to revert to using Windows Defender as my main anti-virus. After uninstalling, I went ahead and open Windows Defender and saw that my real-time protection was disabled. I went into settings and when I was...
  6. Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection

Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection: hello, I can't seem to turn on the real-time protection in my windows defender as it says, you're using other antivirus providers. the button is grayed out from turning it on. I have Malwarebytes free installed and I want to ask if I could turn on Malwarebytes and defender at...
  7. Defender & cant turn on real time protection

Defender & cant turn on real time protection: Hello In Virus Threat & protection settings Real Time protection & Cloud Delivered Protection is off with a message that this is managed by your administrator (I am the admin) I think I have the residual bits of of a malware or virus scanner free program I tried a few...
  8. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  9. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  10. real time virus protection cannot be turned on

real time virus protection cannot be turned on: how can i solve this problem? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/real-time-virus-protection-cannot-be-turned-on/cd076fa5-5573-4d7a-b78c-279822466e6c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender real time protection grey

2. windows defender real time grayed out windows 10