Windows 10: Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom

Discus and support Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is for the Graphics Card forum, but it seemed like the closest topic to my problem. I have my laptop on a 1920x1080 resolution and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Chief Furor, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom

I'm not sure if this is for the Graphics Card forum, but it seemed like the closest topic to my problem. I have my laptop on a 1920x1080 resolution and Windows 10 recommends using 125% zoom on my display. However, it makes some applications blurry. I tried switching to 100% zoom and it made different applications blurry, but made the blurry ones in 125% normal. Is there anyway to somehow make the zoom in between 100% and 125% (the zoom bar doesn't allow it)? This problem is very annoying because switching between zoom settings fixes one application then harms another.

Thanks

:)

Chief Furor, Aug 3, 2015

2. 1080p Laptop Sceen to 4K Monitor

Hi All,

I recently updated to a 4K Monitor which i have attached as a second display to my Alienware 1080P Laptop.

I have noticed at first setup that the 4K monitor has everything so small due to its DPI advantage but its unreadable.

If i change the resolution to 125% .. 150% the screen becomes blurry.

If i change the main display to my Monitor it becomes crystal clear at 150% but my laptop screen becomes blurry and zoomed in.

any help would be great.

Thanks

MatthewJones002, Aug 3, 2015
  3. SB.Tiger Win User
    Font Issues in Win10

I see this strange Font problem in Windows - I mostly can easily see it browsers (all of them including Edge).

I set the zoom @100% - it all looks fine. Then by some random/unknown act - the zoom changes to 125% - fonts become larger - then when I have bring them back to 100% - then fonts become too small. I need to zoom upto 125% - then they seem fine. Then something
    else happen. This happens a lot and in all browsers.

What is going on?

<Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10>

SB.Tiger, Aug 3, 2015
  4. cjb4 Win User

Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom

I have a similar problem, some applications especially the text is blurry. I'm set at 1920x1080 resolution and 100%. This started after the Windows 10 install.

thanks

cjb4, Aug 3, 2015
  5. After a quick restart all of my blurry applications became normal again. I think you have to restart in order for the new zoom setting to sync across everything within Windows. Hope this helps *Smile

Chief Furor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom

1. Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom - Similar Threads - Applications become blurry

2. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  5. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  6. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  7. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Zoom of applications windows blocked at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Zoom of applications windows blocked at 100%: In my computer lately the applications open always at 100% zoom (not the whole screen) and it is impossible to reduce their size to a lower zoom percentage. Windows 10. Thank you for any help 170209
  9. Blurry Zoomed Videos???

Blurry Zoomed Videos???: In the last month or so videos on youtube, facebook appear zoomed and blurry. I have seen fixes saying adjust the Catalyst Control Center but I can't even locate that on my computer......
  10. Kaspersky icon is Blurry on 125% Scale

Kaspersky icon is Blurry on 125% Scale: Hello, So I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 (latest update) on my system running Windows 10 X64. I always change my Monitor Scale to 125% , after the scaling the icon looks awful. But when Kaspersky is scanning something (animation icon) - the icon looks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text looks blurry at 125 zoom

2. outlook blurry at 125% zoom

3. win 10 blurry at 100% zoom

4. revit is blurry at 100% clear at 125%,
  5. resolution gets blurry at 125%