Windows 10: Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Discus and support Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games). On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine. Second account, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yvonne, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

:)

Yvonne, Jul 27, 2016
  2. Gon BM Win User

How to remove "Microsoft Edge" from Start menu? - Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I want to remove Microsoft Edge from Start Menu (it is already "unpinned" from taskbar and Start Menu, but still shows in the complete Start menu list).

So far I have:

1- deleted the Edge app folder (Windows/Systemapps)

2- deleted two folders in the windows registry that may had led to "Microsoft Edge" in the start menu (simply searching "Microsoft Edge" inside the registry). This folder/lines were regenerated itself on each start until I deleted the resources.pri file inside
    the Edge folder in Systemapps.

But "Microsoft Edge" still shows in Start menu.

May be I need to "refresh" the Start Menu?

Or is there any other line in the registry containing the Microsoft Edge Start Menu reference?

I do not want any 3rd party application to hack the Start Menu.

Thanks.

Gon BM, Jul 27, 2016
  3. jg116 Win User
    All Microsoft Apps have exclamation marks are greyed out and won't open

Hi Sumit,

This option worked partly below (it restored word and excel ony - though these are the only apps i pay for). Many are still suffering the same issue, with none of the other options working

Run the Powershell Script to reinstall all applications

The next step, if app troubleshooter hasn't helped is using a Powershell script that installs all applications in Windows 10.The steps for it are here:

• Open Start Menu and type powershell:It'll automatically start searching for the program and will show PowerShell in search results.right-click on PowerShell and select "Run as Administrator" option.
    • Then Enter the following command that will reinstall all the modern apps in Windows :

jg116, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

1. Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion - Similar Threads - Applications still showing

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  4. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  5. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  6. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jishnu_Bala [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjd7jq/even_after_uninstalling_application_they_still/
  8. Deleted programs still showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted programs still showing in start menu: I decided that now is as good a time as any to learn Python, so I went to download the latest version 3.9.0. After downloading it, I used the Windows search bar to find that 3.8 was already installed from a previous attempt at learning Python. I clicked on 3.8 where it...
  9. Application updated but start menu still showing old application name

Application updated but start menu still showing old application name: hi, I upgraded OneNote from 2016 ver to 2019 version but the start menu is still showing the 2016 version. Is there any way I can change this? See attached images. Frank [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. I deleted Cortana using the Powershell command, but it still shows up in the start menu...

in Cortana
    I deleted Cortana using the Powershell command, but it still shows up in the start menu...: As in the title, I used this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 Remove-AppxPackage to uninstall Cortana, but when I search for in in the start menu, it shows up likethis. Clicking it does not do anything. How can I delete it from the search results?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell delete start menu apps