Windows 10: AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

Discus and support AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Taurean75, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Taurean75 Win User

AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

Hello --

I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue.

Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error 0x80073CF9.

Event Viewer returns the following... Code: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer/Operational Source: Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeployment-Server Date: 8/22/2015 7:49:27 PM Event ID: 404 Task Category: (3) Level: Error Keywords: (70368744177664),AppXDeploymentServer Keyword User: SYSTEM Computer: Mike Description: AppX Deployment operation failed for package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6120.42011.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe with error 0x80073CF9. The specific error text for this failure is: error 0xD000003A: Deployment of package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6120.42011.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe was blocked by AppLocker. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeployment-Server" Guid="{3F471139-ACB7-4A01-B7A7-FF5DA4BA2D43}" /> <EventID>404</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>3</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x4000400000000001</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-23T02:49:27.818274600Z" /> <EventRecordID>12810</EventRecordID> <Correlation ActivityID="{EA4D0F30-DD49-0002-7E11-4DEA49DDD001}" /> <Execution ProcessID="3440" ThreadID="2036" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer/Operational</Channel> <Computer>Mike</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="SummaryError">error 0xD000003A: Deployment of package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6120.42011.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe was blocked by AppLocker.</Data> <Data Name="PackageFullName">microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6120.42011.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data> <Data Name="ErrorCode">0x80073cf9</Data> <Data Name="MountPoint">C:</Data> <Data Name="TargetPlatform">0x3</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote] I've tried setting AppLocker to allow all signed packages to no avail. I've also tried "WSReset.exe" which doesn't seem to do anything. Further, I've created an "AUInstallAgent" directory under Windows.

I believe it's a permission issue, because PowerShell throws an IOException error; therefore, I've tried changing permissions on various folders. I'm lost.

Please advise.

:)

Taurean75, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Andre MR Win User

"For Microsoft (if you want to do something)"

similar here with Windows 10 SL.

i'm not using visual studio nor windows store apps anymore. my win10 is now a win7.1 and i'm waiting for next microsoft-ignored issue to move to Linux or OSx.

Andre MR, Aug 23, 2015
  3. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

Thank you guys! I thought I was going crazy!

I have the exact same issues.

I would like to give "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" permission to install from the store just for a short time period.

How do I go about that ?

JérémiePalacci, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Taurean75 Win User

Had to reinstall the OS.

I think the problem was that permissions didn't propagate thoroughly when I changed the name of my computer.

Taurean75, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads - Similar Threads - AppLocker Blocks Store

2. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  3. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  4. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppLocker blocking Windows Settings: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have only created the basic rules, but after some time after a gpupdate I have difficulties launching the Windows Settingseven as an...
  6. AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention: Dear all. we successfully configured and implemented applocker for all domain users. But on some computers we observed some ps1 script tried to run but blocked by applocker. could you please tell me what kind of script are they?...
  7. Block a DLL with Applocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block a DLL with Applocker: Hi all, On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe file that loads a function stored on a DLL. I created the program using visual studio and C#. [ATTACH] I followed the...
  8. Use AppLocker to Block Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use AppLocker to Block Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10: How to: Use AppLocker to Block Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10 How to Use AppLocker to Block Microsoft Store Apps from Running in Windows 10 dynamic-link libraries (DLLs), packaged apps, and packaged app installers. Packaged apps are also known as Universal...
  9. Blocking Edge with AppLocker

in Browsers and Email
    Blocking Edge with AppLocker: Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules? I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running. If you have managed to block Edge using AppLocker, what rules did you create for this block to work? 83673
  10. Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run: OS: Win10Pro Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables Applocker rules: set to enforcing Service: AppIDSvc is running I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. applocker blocking app but no package description shows in logs