Windows 10: Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

Discus and support Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OS: Win10Pro Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables Applocker rules: set to enforcing Service: AppIDSvc is running I've been trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chisle, Nov 8, 2016.

1. chisle Win User

Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

• Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables
    • Applocker rules: set to enforcing
    • Service: AppIDSvc is running

I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the computer to study.
    However, even after rules are defined, and they are set to enforcing as blocked, the apps and executables are still available to them -- even after a reboot.

I have followed the instructions here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    However, there is still no blocking of the apps or the executables.
    Thank you for your consideration.

:)

chisle, Nov 8, 2016
  2. JiriOlsar Win User

Start menu/ms-settings not working Windows 10

Yes I can see that, but I'm running Windows 10 Home edition.

To terminate AppLocker rule enforcement

• Backup the Group Policy Object (GPO) that contains the currently applied AppLocker rules.

• Delete all the AppLocker rules on that GPO. For steps how to do this, see the topics in

AppLocker Policy Procedures

• Push out the GPO that now contains the empty AppLocker policy to the affected client computers. For steps how to do this, see

Refresh an AppLocker Policy

• Disable the AppLocker service (appidsvc) on all the affected client computers. Optionally, you can restart the service. For steps how to do this, see

Configure the Application Identity Service
      . Alternatively, you can disable the AppLocker service using Group Policy instead of locally.

• Optionally, if you want to update the computers with another set of AppLocker rules (and the service has been enabled), you force a Group Policy update for the revised AppLocker policy. For steps how to do this, see

Refresh an AppLocker Policy

There is no Group policy object editor available here. Also
    AppIDSvc
    is stopped and can't be manually started. Error: "The operation could not be completed. The dependency service or group failed to start" due to fact, that AppLocker is not available in Home and Pro edition.

So why is it blocking the reinstallation, I don't know?

JiriOlsar, Nov 8, 2016
  3. Start menu/ms-settings not working Windows 10

Each attempt to reinstall a package says it was blocked by AppLocker. Try disabling that, then run the command again and re-enable AppLocker.

Gamefish_nl, Nov 8, 2016
  4. chisle Win User

Windows 10 Pro no longer supports Applocker. Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise instead.

chisle, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run - Similar Threads - Applocker blocking Win10Pro

2. Applocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applocker: Hello I heard about applocker and how it helps to protect the PC.Should I enable applocker?Does it change the way I use my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applocker/40002d03-47d1-4cf4-afa6-233018750a75
  3. applocker

in Windows 10 Support
    applocker: Hi all, There is a need to implement application whitelisting in my company. We are using windows 10 pro. So I decide to explore applocker as a mean to disable files from being run. I have created the default rules and base on what I've read. "Any executable file not allowed...
  4. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppLocker blocking Windows Settings: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have only created the basic rules, but after some time after a gpupdate I have difficulties launching the Windows Settingseven as an...
  5. AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention: Dear all. we successfully configured and implemented applocker for all domain users. But on some computers we observed some ps1 script tried to run but blocked by applocker. could you please tell me what kind of script are they?...
  6. Applocker

Applocker: Hi all, I disable access to IE using applocker but now its blocking all exe files on the system There is solution for this? Thanks 152683
  7. Applocker

in Windows 10 Support
    Applocker: Hi all, I disable access to IE using applocker but now its blocking all exe files on the system There is solution for this? Thanks 152683
  8. Block a DLL with Applocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block a DLL with Applocker: Hi all, On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe file that loads a function stored on a DLL. I created the program using visual studio and C#. [ATTACH] I followed the...
  9. Blocking Edge with AppLocker

in Browsers and Email
    Blocking Edge with AppLocker: Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules? I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running. If you have managed to block Edge using AppLocker, what rules did you create for this block to work? 83673
  10. Win10ent Applocker -- cannot configure AppIDsvc

Win10ent Applocker -- cannot configure AppIDsvc: Logged in as local administrator (not joined to a domain) Windows 10 Enterprise Application Identity Properties (Local Computer): if I change any attribute, then hit apply or ok, I get this message: [img] If I log in to a command shell as Administrator, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is appidsvc enabled by default?

2. applocker packaged app-execution doesnt say what package would be blocked

3. application id service running applocker not blocking

4. applocker not blocking,
  5. applocker win10pro