Windows 10: Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10

Discus and support Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 How to Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10

How to: Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10

How to Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10

Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When changes their account picture or when their Microsoft account picture syncs.

If you like, you can standardize the account pictures for all users on the PC to the change their account picture afterwards.

This tutorial will show you how to apply a custom default account picture to all users and prevent them from being able to change their account picture in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to apply the default account picture for all users.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Locations where you will see the account picture

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users using Group Policy

Note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\User Accounts

3. In the right pane of User Accounts in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Apply the default account picture to all users policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (disable) or step 6 (enable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Disable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Enable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

B) If you like, change the default account picture to a custom image you want to be applied to all users.

C) Go to step 7 below.

7. When finished, close the Local Group Policy Editor.

8. Restart the computer to fully apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

UseDefaultTile DWORD

0 or delete = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users
    A) If you like, change the default account picture to a custom image you want to be applied to all users.

B) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_apply_default_account_picture_to_all_users.reg

Download

3. To Disable Apply Default Account Picture to All Users
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_apply_default_account_picture_to_all_users.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

8. Restart the computer to fully apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 14, 2017
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again.

Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N

have the default grey person avatar...

every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the following error.
    "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again."

Things I tried already
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • chkdsk C: /f /r /x
    • Apply the default user logon picture to all users via gpedit.msc
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    • Taking ownership of the directory\files as well as renaming directory to "*.old"
    • Creating a new user-account
    • Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade / Reset / Refresh

Nothing above has seemed to work as its still not changing my windows login screen / user avatar...

Out of ideas...

MrWhispers, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  6. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Apply Default Account

2. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  3. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  4. User Account Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  5. default user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default user accounts: I purchased a windows 10 computer from a friend and on the desktop, top left was a folder with his name. Lets call him Steve. In the directory system, under C:/users there is a folder, along with the normal "default" and "public" folders is a folder for "steve". "steve" is...
  6. Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...: Hi i tried to change Group policy for blocking Removable storage access. Changes applied to Admin and User Account both and blocking Removable storage Devices. when i tried to allow Removable storage Devices with Edit group policy. Changes are applied to Administrator...
  7. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots, and you get to the login screen, The user image with name is displayed. The image is one you have uploaded in User account picture or the profile picture connected with your Microsoft account. In this [...] This post How to remove...
  9. User Account Picture

User Account Picture: Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra'...
  10. Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 [img] Information When changes their account picture or when their Microsoft account picture syncs. This tutorial will show you how to change the default...