Windows 10: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

Discus and support Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the Computer Configuration and User Configuration settings of Local Group Policy objects can be managed.

Multiple Local Group Policy is a collection of Local Group Policy objects (LGPOs) designed to provide improved management for computers that are not part of a domain. This collection consists of the following LGPOs:
    • Local Computer Policy - This LGPO applies policy settings to the computer and any users logging on to the computer. This is the same LGPO that was included in earlier versions of Microsoft Windows.
    • Administrators Local Group Policy - This LGPO applies user policy settings to members of the Administrators group.
    • Non-Administrators Local Group Policy - This LGPO applies user policy settings to users who are not included in the Administrators group.
    • User-Specific Local Group Policy - This LGPO applies user policy settings to a specific local user.
    This tutorial will show you how to create an Administrators Local Group Policy MSC (Microsoft Saved Console) that applies user policy settings to only administrators in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to apply Administrators Local Group Policy .

Note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

Multiple Local Group Policy objects (MLGPOs) are not available on domain controllers.

Local Group Policy is processed in the following order, with the final LGPO taking precedence over all others:
    1. Local Group Policy (also known as Local Computer Policy).
    2. Administrators or non-administrators Local Group Policy.
    3. User-specific Local Group Policy.
    User-specific LGPOs are stored in the hidden C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicyUsers system folder.

EXAMPLE: Administrators Local Group Policy

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type mmc in Run, and click/tap on OK to open the Microsoft Management Console.

2. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC.

3. In MMC, click/tap on File (menu bar), and click/tap on Add/Remove Snap-in. (see screenshot below)

4. Select Group Policy Object Editor in the left pane, and click/tap on the Add button in the middle. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Browse button. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on the Users tab, select the Administrators group, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. In MMC, click/tap on File (menu bar), and click/tap on Save As. (see screenshot below)

10. Navigate to and select where (ex: Desktop) you want to save this MSC to, type in a file name (ex: "Local Group Policies for Administrators") you want for the MSC, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

11. You will now only need to open this Administrators Local Group Policy MSC (ex: "Local Group Policies for Administrators") whenever you want to configure policy settings that are only applied to all users that are not a member of the Administrators group. (see screenshots below)

Note Steps 1 to 10 above were only required to create this Administrators Local Group Policy MSC.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Local Group Policy Lock Down Users Only and Not Administrator

Hi DanhTranMVP

Please see the steps on this page, for how to set up group policies for non-admins only on a PC . . .

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/80061-apply...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10

Hello Sam, *Smile

Your screenshot of the Local Group Policy Editor is normal when you have "Local Computer Policy" selected in the left pane.

You'll need to do the rest of the steps in Option One to see if you have any policies configured.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Applying group policy settings on standalone Windows 10 PC

I am creating a user account for my daughter and want to restrict access for that account to various tools / programs. I have created a group policy for non-administrators using mmc / group policy object, and have set the 'Prohibit access to Control Panel
    and PC settings' within that group to enabled. However, my daughters account still has access to the control panel and settings app, so the group policy is obviously not being applied.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate), am logged in as the only administrator account, and my computer is a standalone PC not part of a domain.

I would be very grateful for any help in getting the local group policy to apply.

Many thanks in advance

DannyR_813, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Apply Local Group

2. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  3. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  4. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  5. How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Settings app and Control Panel are the two go-to destinations for Windows customizations […] This article How to apply Local Group Policy to specific users in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to apply Group Policy to Non-Administrators only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to apply Group Policy to Non-Administrators only in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, all changed made in the Local Group Policy Editor applied to all users of your system. If you want to apply Group Policy […] This article How to apply Group Policy to Non-Administrators only in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 Home: Hi I know this is not available in Win10 Home edition. I am running an Intel Stick PC with Win10 Home installed. It will only be running a RDP Session under a user account. But Support will be remote and we need Full Admin access to make changes Etc. GPedit.msc is...
  8. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  9. Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Specific User in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policies to Specific User in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through...
  10. Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does local policy apply to administrator