Windows 10: Apply Windows 10 Enterprise image via USB

Discus and support Apply Windows 10 Enterprise image via USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have taken an image using DISM and it is in the .wim format. I want to apply it to a tablet using a usb stick, it has a UEFI Bios. in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElMarto, Feb 7, 2017.

1. ElMarto Win User

Apply Windows 10 Enterprise image via USB

I have taken an image using DISM and it is in the .wim format. I want to apply it to a tablet using a usb stick, it has a UEFI Bios.

in the past with windows 7 and I have been able to create a bootable usb drive by using Windows 7 USB DVD tool to create the .wim from .iso then copy the boot files onto the stick, I was then able to boot to the usb stick and a command prompt appeared where I used imagex commands to apply it.

can this be done with Windows 10 Enterprise?

thanks

:)

ElMarto, Feb 7, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Microsoft removes policies from Windows 10 Pro

I am not from MS but have version 1607 installed and can confirm the following

Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences - policy setting only applies to enterprise and education

do not show windows tips - policy setting only applies to enterprise and education

Do not display the lock screen - policy setting only applies to enterprise, server and education

Disable all apps from Windows Store - policy setting only applies to enterprise and education

there are others not mentioned in that article such as - force a specific default lock screen and logon image which only applies to enterprise, server and education.

Martmcd, Feb 7, 2017
  3. USB REDIRECTION/REMOTEFX Windows 10 enterprise

here is the situation I have.. I have a windows 8.1 enterprise machine.. with a windows 7 pro machine as a client. the windows 7 machines RDPs into the the 8.1 enterprise and has remotefx usb redirection working fine I need to pull the local scanner etc
    over to the remote machine. I now have a copy of windows 10 enterprise and I cannot get the usb redirection to work from the same client computer. and I have tried with a windows 10 pro machine also the usb redirection over RDP does not show devices on
    the enterprise 10 machines... is there something I need to enable on the 10 enterprise to make usb redirection to work... I am trying to move from the 8.1 enterprise to 10 enterprise but I cannot do this unless I get the RDP usb redirection to work. and I
    checked the settings between the 8.1 and 10 they are identical as far as I can tell.

JamesHackford, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Yes it can, but if you can use the Windows 7 USB you already have, you can just replace the Windows 7 Wim with the image you have made with Dism. AFAIK, the technology hasn't changed, just the WAIK/ADK tools have been updated to match their parent OS versions.

Unless you have an Enterprise license, your USB will be a time limited evaluation, but it is possible to create this within Windows 10 Pro, using the Windows-to-Go tool, found in Control panel (PWCREATOR.EXE)

Fafhrd, Feb 8, 2017
  5. ElMarto Win User
    Thanks for your reply

this still does not work. I am trying to image a surface pro 4 and a dell venue 11 pro, both have a uefi bios and when I select the usb drive to boot from it goes straight into normal boot and logs in to windows. How do I get the command prompt to appear so that I can enter in my command line?

thanks

ElMarto, Feb 8, 2017
  6. Kyhi Win User
    You need to update your PE Boot Files....

Kyhi, Feb 8, 2017
  7. Fafhrd Win User
Thema:

1. Apply Windows 10 Enterprise image via USB - Similar Threads - Apply Enterprise image

2. Is it possible to re-image a new Windows 11 Dell PC with a Windows 10 image via USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to re-image a new Windows 11 Dell PC with a Windows 10 image via USB?: The organization I work for uses a Windows 10 we have both 21H2 & 22H2 image for all new PC's coming in. We each have a thumb drive that we use for imaging. Our thumb drives are known working thumb drives because we used them last week to re-image some older Dell computers.We...
  3. Is it possible to re-image a new Windows 11 Dell PC with a Windows 10 image via USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to re-image a new Windows 11 Dell PC with a Windows 10 image via USB?: The organization I work for uses a Windows 10 we have both 21H2 & 22H2 image for all new PC's coming in. We each have a thumb drive that we use for imaging. Our thumb drives are known working thumb drives because we used them last week to re-image some older Dell computers.We...
  4. Is it possible to re-image a new Windows 11 Dell PC with a Windows 10 image via USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to transfer images on LG vs425pp via usb to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to transfer images on LG vs425pp via usb to windows 10: This old LG phone has no sim card and no service. I use it as a camera. I remove the micro SD card from the LG phone that contain stored images, place the SD card in a micro card reader and plug the card reader into the USB port. Then I transfer the images into the Windows...
  6. Restore Windows 10 from a Windows Image Backup via USB

Restore Windows 10 from a Windows Image Backup via USB: Good Afternoon Everyone! I literally spent four days, trying to find a solution to restoring a Windows 10 System Image in an attempt to resurrect my Dell E5491 from a crash of the hard drive. After finding many posts on all types of sites I went old school and determined...
  7. Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage

Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage: Hi, I've built a Windows 10 image from scratch on a laptop (HP), the model is used widely within the company I work for. We currently use a WDS server setup to install the image upon the relevant hardware platforms. However, network speeds and restrictions (no internet...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise Image Matching

Windows 10 Enterprise Image Matching: Sorry guys, I didn't know how to give this a proper title. Here's our situation... I work at a college where we have multiple images covering various needs. I've managed to pare this down to 2, being EMPLOYEE and PUBLIC. Here's the rub... We have a tech on staff who...
  9. creating usb pen for dism apply-image

creating usb pen for dism apply-image: I have managed to create a USB pen drive to apply WIM images using the DISM Apply-image command in 64bit so I know it can be done but any ideas how to create a pen to apply 32bit WIM images 24718
  10. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. [img] Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions...