Windows 10: apply windows 10 theme with cmd or powershell / programming

Discus and support apply windows 10 theme with cmd or powershell / programming in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I develop the company image and I'm trying to apply a theme with wallpaper and accent color. In the Windows 7 days this VBS line worked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by a1manarme, May 23, 2016.

1. a1manarme Win User

apply windows 10 theme with cmd or powershell / programming

Hi All,

I develop the company image and I'm trying to apply a theme with wallpaper and accent color. In the Windows 7 days this VBS line worked for me:

WshShell.Run "rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk @TheMes /Action:OpenTheme /file:""C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\HHMX.deskthemepack"""

However when I run this on Windows 10 it doesn't work. Running the following line opens the theme selection window:

rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk @TheMes

But the "/Action:OpenTheme" part doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work? Or any other ways. I don't want to lock the theme down with GPO (users complain), and I've tried adding the theme name to my answer file during sysprep, but that also is not working. If anyone has any guidance on apply a theme via an answer file that would be great too. Thanks for any help! *Cool

:)

a1manarme, May 23, 2016

2. how connect in network with cmd or powerShell in windows?

If you want to access a mapped network drive or shared folder over the network today, you can easily do it through Network and File Explorer. When connecting to network resources from the command line, the net use syntax is required followed by the \\MACHINE-NAME\NETWORKSHARE.
    In my example below, I want to connect to another computer named ELITEBK-INSIDER. If the network resource is password protected, you will be prompted to enter one along with a username. After connecting, you should see: “The command completed successfully.”

You can go ahead and browse the contents of the folder using the same commands we previously demonstrated.

If you want to connect to a specific subfolder over the network, you can use the pushd command followed by the network path, example: pushd \\ELITEBK-INSIDER\Wiki Projects. This is similar to change directory command.

Source:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/10-command-lin...

Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2016
  3. how connect in network with cmd or powerShell in windows?

como conectar-se a uma rede wi-fi com powerShell ou cmd, por favor, eu não quero "netsh wlan exportar ..." ou conectar em uma rede salva, eu quero conectar em rede externa.
    Ninguém tem que salvar em seu desktop !!
    se voce sabe por favor me ajude!
    desculpe pelo meu inglês orrivel !!
    obrigado desde ja !!

RoboCopG4y, May 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, for what it's worth (= not an exact answer), here's how I do it from within an AHK script:
    run, "D:\GUI tweaks\Theme Switcher\ThemeSwitcher\Themeswitcher.exe" "Paler yellow, blue-green title.theme"
    Themeswitcher.exe is a tool produced by Winaero
    Winaero Theme Switcher

dalchina, May 23, 2016
  5. a1manarme Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I'd rather not use a tool like that. Also my companies firewall blocks anything from winaero. What is interesting is if I simply execute a theme file using CMD it changes the theme, but when I put it in a script, it doesn't work. Sadness.

a1manarme, May 25, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
  7. a1manarme Win User
    Thanks! Is there any elegant way to enter audit mode after I've already started to set up my image under the local admin? Do I sysprep /audit without answer file into audit mode, make customizations, then sysprep /oobe /unattend ? Thanks for your help!

a1manarme, May 25, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

WIN + R, type %windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /audit /reboot, hit Enter to restart in Audit Mode.

Notice that as you already have existing user accounts, all customizations will only apply to new user accounts, not existing ones.

9. a1manarme Win User
    I ended up using the solution provided by dalchina, thank you.

a1manarme, Jun 2, 2016
  10. m0del101 Win User
    figured this out after my win 7 script failed in 10

#PS
    Start-Process "C:\Path\to\yourtheme.theme"
    Start-Sleep -s 10
    #US english
    (New-Object -comObject Shell.Application).Windows() | where-object {$_.LocationName -eq "Personalization"} | foreach-object {$_.quit()}
    #UK english
    (New-Object -comObject Shell.Application).Windows() | where-object {$_.LocationName -eq "Personalisation"} | foreach-object {$_.quit()}

m0del101, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. apply windows 10 theme with cmd or powershell / programming - Similar Threads - apply theme cmd

2. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  3. Applying Themes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying Themes Windows 10: I have downloaded several themes but when I click "Apply" on the theme nothing happens. No ideawhat I am doing wrong since it used to work fine. All my Windows updates are up-to-date...
  4. Windows 10 Theme not installing or applying.

Windows 10 Theme not installing or applying.: This is the theme. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/earth-from-above-premium/9pflgjn5pj7d?activetab=pivot:overviewtab# Windows Version 1903 Build 18362.836 Tried wsreset, logged out of store to try to re-acquire the theme. Found that it had attempted to download the...
  5. Powershell and cmd no network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell and cmd no network: I got my windows from school try to install choco package manager or adding the repo to power shell . non are working as its saying that there is no internet on both cmd and powershell tried ping and curl its the same. But my browser and other apps have great network . Is...
  6. This theme can’t be applied to the desktop error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    This theme can’t be applied to the desktop error in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While changing a theme on Windows 10, if you see an error message This theme can’t be applied to the desktop, then this post may […] This article This theme can’t be applied to the desktop error in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...
  8. Error in Applying Custom Themes in Windows 10

Error in Applying Custom Themes in Windows 10: I have a problem with applying a custom theme: [ATTACH] The area that presents the files are colored white, it is supposed to be dark. I have used the most up-to-date UltraUXThemePatcher but it still shows that. How to fix this?...
  9. Apply a theme through SCCM

Apply a theme through SCCM: Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so apologies if it is not. I have a unique situation where certain computers in my environment need a particular desktop wallpaper applied to them with a certain color background. I created a theme that would do both, but I...
  10. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apply high contrast theme powershell

2. apply theme powershell windows 10

3. deskthemepack powershell

4. powershell apply windows theme,
  5. windows theme for programming,
  6. windows 10 cmd apply custom theme,
  7. powershell script to apply windows theme,
  8. windows 10 theme programming,
  9. apply theme cmd,
  10. execute windows 10 theme file powershell,
  11. powershell apply windows 10 theme,