Windows 10: Appointing System Administrator

Discus and support Appointing System Administrator in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can't change my Windows Update settings. It says 'Some settings are managed by your system administrator' How do I become the System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by machare, Oct 28, 2014.

1. machare Win User

Appointing System Administrator

I can't change my Windows Update settings. It says 'Some settings are managed by your system administrator'

How do I become the System Administrator?

My user account type is Administrator!

My problem may be linked to the fact that I deleted the original account that I used to install Windows 10!

:)

machare, Oct 28, 2014

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Oct 28, 2014
  3. jbeckner Win User
    problem with Activesync & Outlook 2007 support code 1

Activesync won't transfer appointments to Outlook 2007. I keep getting support code:1. Also, Outlook won't let me enter new appointments into the calendar. It keeps saying it cannot display the form and to contact my administrator. This is a personal
    computer with no network or administrator.

jbeckner, Oct 28, 2014
  4. topgundcp Win User

By default Win10 TP Updates option is disabled. Use this link below to re-enable it:
    Update W-10 manually

Hope this help !!!

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2014
  5. machare Win User
    Thanks, that does solve the Windows Update problem, but is there a way to aquire full system administrator privileges?

machare, Oct 28, 2014
  6. topgundcp Win User
    To have full Administrators priviledge, you need to log in as the built in Admin account: Administrator. The user's created Admin account is also Administrator. However, it is not as full as the built in.

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2014
  7. machare Win User
    Thanks, I have got it to work

machare, Oct 28, 2014
  8. Appointing System Administrator

hi I have same problem please show how to get built in administrator account

skeggystick, Oct 28, 2014
  9. machare Win User
  10. Microsoft did this for good reason, it is hard to beta test something if your not constantly up to date like everyone else.

Please leave the windows update settings alone. Your feedback does not mean much if you are out of date.

Andrew129260, Nov 1, 2014
  11. topgundcp Win User
    Understood. However, everyone has their own way of testing out Windows. I'd like to set "Check for Updates and let me decide..." so I can read the description on what's is the Updates about before installing it.

topgundcp, Nov 1, 2014
  12. machare Win User
    I would be quite happy doing this for updates to Windows Defender, and many security updates/technical fixes. The problem is that I might find myself running a new version of IE or Bing Desktop.

machare, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Appointing System Administrator - Similar Threads - Appointing System Administrator

2. System administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System administrator: My laptop won’t allow me to open my desk top at all I keep getting a pop up reading the number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use right now. Contact system administrator...
  3. System administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    System administrator: My laptop won’t allow me to open my desk top at all I keep getting a pop up reading the number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use right now. Contact system administrator...
  4. System administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System administrator: Who is the system admin. or what does that mean. when it says that diagnostics cant run to to system admin not giving permissions. This is my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-administrator/27d53306-898d-4fcb-8f3f-507438a6a8bf
  5. Appointment Reminder - How?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Appointment Reminder - How?: Appointments Notification –How can I create an appointment reminder on Windows 10 without using Cortana?Thanks,Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appointment-reminder-how/0bebf3d8-b85c-4e5d-bc33-ba725e31be6d
  6. System Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Administrator.: Why cant i have acces to change the settings on my laptop. There is a tip '' For Your security some settings are managed by your system Administrator. Im the only person who uses this Pc. I am the Administraor but still i dont have access to change the settings....
  7. Calendar appointment locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar appointment locations: I am having an issue adding an address to the calendar app. I used to be able to type in a street address for an appointment and the app would suggest locations and add them to the appointment and now it is saying it cannot find any addresses at all?...
  8. Administrator/ system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator/ system administrator: I am listed as an administrator but cannot delete or upgrade Itunes The message reads "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. I am not on any network. Please advise...
  9. system administrator

system administrator: unable to sync my settings between my pc and laptop. Pc is fine and lets me be administrator however my laptop says otherwise and need to contact my system administrator . have had a look around the house no one by that name so that leaves me in charge .How do I get promotion...
  10. system administrators

system administrators: Can one laptop have two system administrators... I'm trying to get my husbands calendar to sync to his phone like mine does but it says to see system administrator...