Windows 10: apps are not allowed

Discus and support apps are not allowed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since 1803 whenever I try to instal anything, I get a notice it cannot be done and following is a statement about 'allowing an app'. It seems the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maranna, May 11, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

apps are not allowed

Since 1803 whenever I try to instal anything, I get a notice it cannot be done and following is a statement about 'allowing an app'. It seems the firewall is too tight or something like that. I know nothing about this but I cannot enter an app if I don't see it when the popup appears.
    I just set the firewall to default and hope I can allow one as I see it.
    How an allow apps I choose to when I get that block?

:)

maranna, May 11, 2018
Thema:

apps are not allowed

1. apps are not allowed - Similar Threads - apps are allowed

2. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  3. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  4. Allow no Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow no Microsoft apps: I think I have windows 11. I want to change where I can download apps from but there isn't even a place for me to do so. I have gone to the place where everyone on Google says but it just isn't even there....
  5. Allow no Microsoft apps

Allow no Microsoft apps: I think I have windows 11. I want to change where I can download apps from but there isn't even a place for me to do so. I have gone to the place where everyone on Google says but it just isn't even there....
  6. Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In: Recently reset my PC for a fresh start. Now any apps connected to Microsoft, including Excel, Edge, Feedback Hub, Mail and even games like Forza Horizon 5 that require sign-in do not allow me to add any accounts. I cannot add an account to Windows. The only response it gives...
  7. Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In

Microsoft Apps Will Not Allow Sign-In: Recently reset my PC for a fresh start. Now any apps connected to Microsoft, including Excel, Edge, Feedback Hub, Mail and even games like Forza Horizon 5 that require sign-in do not allow me to add any accounts. I cannot add an account to Windows. The only response it gives...
  8. Allow app Internet access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app Internet access.: Hello! I've been having a problem with a game, I can't access its online features, but it's not the game's problem, it's probably my network. I am wondering how to find out where the game is "trying to connect to", and whitelist it on my router. (I don't even know if it's an...
  9. allowing camera to be accessed by apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing camera to be accessed by apps: I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when installing windows to not allow camera access. if there was one, i most likely clicked no. anyone got a fix for this???[ATTACH]...
  10. allow app download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allow app download: I don't see how to allow Go To Meeting download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-app-download/d3f8e4d2-a0d9-4efc-8792-43f7edb11ba8