Windows 10: Apps by file type is no longer an option in Settings

Discus and support Apps by file type is no longer an option in Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently the Anniversary Edition update made a lot of changes. some are okay but I am still finding things that it decided to change some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Silvera, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Silvera Win User

Apps by file type is no longer an option in Settings

Recently the Anniversary Edition update made a lot of changes. some are okay but I am still finding things that it decided to change some of my setting. I want to switch bask to some of my apps that I used for a specific file types.

My issue is there now a way to select apps by file type i.e. filename.abc is associated a specific application. That use to be an option in setting, what they have now seems very limiting or I just do not understand.

:)

Silvera, Oct 28, 2016
  2. Gkriesel Win User

Zipping is no longer an option for me

Hello,

I was trying to send a folder to a college professor and I can't the send the file to a Zip option. I've restarted my computer and it didn't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Gkriesel, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Zipping is no longer an option for me

You're very welcome. May I ask which was the fix you needed?

Bruce Hagen, Oct 28, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Oct 28, 2016
  5. Silvera Win User
    Glad I left the window open I did not get a notification. I do not remember seeing that and I will go look for it now. Thanks you for a fast response!!!

Silvera, Oct 28, 2016
  6. Silvera Win User
    Boy do I feel stupid! I did not have a big enough window and did not scroll down before. Thank you very much. I appreciate this forum it has been a great resource!

Silvera, Oct 28, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    You're very welcome: it's always our pleasure to help out when there's a simple, straightforward answer. Alas, too many Windows problems are a cross between an elephant and a rhinocerous: the proverbial "elephino!"
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps by file type is no longer an option in Settings - Similar Threads - Apps file type

2. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  3. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  4. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  6. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  7. Unable to open with or set default app for file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open with or set default app for file type: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitVersion: 20H2OS Build: 19042.1052Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0I want to double click on a *.jpg file from my phone and have it open in Chrome.1 - Right clicking results in no "open with" option:2 - Default app for "photo...
  8. Set default app for .file type file

Set default app for .file type file: how to set default app for .file type file we can right click on it and open with but set default option is not available. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-app-for-file-type-file/c449afd5-2eff-4f3b-8faf-8ce7ced50f30
  9. [Setting] Choose defal apps by file type Suggestion

[Setting] Choose defal apps by file type Suggestion: Hello, When I change a default apps by file type: .txt from Notepad to VSCode. I must be scroll until I find the .txt. And with the many hundreds of file type. It takes time to scroll until find .txt. After all, I can change the default app. If we have an search box for...
  10. Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?: In Windows 7, and before, in Explorer, I could start to type a name of a file that I wanted and Explorer would jump down to that file, but under Windows 10, it automatically starts doing a search of the folder. As such, I am forced to scroll down and find the file manually....