Windows 10: Apps Can’t Print

Discus and support Apps Can’t Print in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Apps Can’t Print Window 10 Pro, 10.0.17134 Build 17134 i5, 16 GB RAM Sorry, this post is long but I have been at this issue a long time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamCurran, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Apps Can’t Print

Apps Can’t Print

Window 10 Pro, 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    i5, 16 GB RAM

Sorry, this post is long but I have been at this issue a long time.

Applications are unable to send a print job to the printer. I have been unable to fix this after trying everything I could find on the net. On a couple occasions I was able to print with MS Word and once with Photoshop. But ability to print went away with system restart.

I have 2 printers, both printers have same results, or lack thereof:

• Envy 5530, drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled with updates a few times, there wereerror. At present the drivers are uninstalled.
    • Deskjet 8700 newly installed yesterday, no errors reported. The desktop app ["C:\Program Files\HP\HP OfficeJet 8700\Bin\HP OfficeJet 8700.exe" -Start UDCDevicePage] for this printer can communicate with the printer – ink levels, the test print requested from this app succeeds. I can even scan to my printer. But when I send a print job from an app, any app, nothing happens. “see what’s Printing” opened from the desktop app is an empty field. I have deleted the spooler content a couple of times, but it did not help. C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS currently contains:

00004.SHD
    00004.SPL
    PP6ae1g_1105oommhn0hb1la2wc.TMP
    PP6fnnglorfn0ok1ab7w5zt_1tb.TMP
    PPb98fip20s0o93xvvt2fkw03xb.TMP
    PPp1bq75_ygmnkuyrczzo7owmyd.TMP
    PPqhun8htzzrj3ey0rqrkclm19.TMP
    PPt6i46mytbuqasybz3kqzp0kec.TMP

The following is a list of what has been checked/done so far to solve this problem, some of the diagnostics/troubleshoots have been done several times.

• Router setting have been checked and confirmed as OK by ISP
    • The NET has been reset (couple of weeks ago by now)
    • I have run (a few times) the HP Print and Scan Doctor, current version which found not issues.
    • I have run the windows network trouble shooter – no help.
    • Ran windows-10-fix-printer-problems - didn’t help.
    • After 2 hours of trouble shooting with Bitdefender, I have completely uninstalled it to assure it is not blocking access.
    • Though Windows defender is now running (I need to have something) I tried printing with Defender completely disabled as well (including firewall) and still no printing.
    • I can email docs to HPePrint which do print locally.
    • I went through a long series of step directed by HP support (prior to 8700 install) which I quit when I reached the part where they wanted me to delete all services other MS ones.

I’m sure I am forgetting some things but hopefully this will get a helpful discussion going.

:)

WilliamCurran, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

Network printing with OneNote App?

Hi,

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software or hardware changes to your computer?

Since OneNote and Edge are Windows store app, Chances are apps could be corrupted or missing Suggest you to follow below methods and check if it in fixing the issue.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Check for Updates for apps

Refer the below link to update apps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Method 3: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist

you.

Darshan J, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app won't print some messages

We appreciate that you perform the steps that we've provided. We'd like to know if you're able to print files when using other applications. Since you mentioned that the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the Windows 10 Mail app
    using the Windows PowerShell. To do this, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Windows PowerShell, right-click on it, then select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the command below:
      • Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage, then press
        Enter.

Once done, we suggest that you download theWindows 10 Mail and Calendar app from the
    Windows Store.

Get back to us with the result.

Clark Ari, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Apps Can’t Print

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Apps Can’t Print

1. Apps Can’t Print - Similar Threads - Apps Can’t Print

2. Can’t print file in direct window programe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t print file in direct window programe: Hello, i have some problem to print file from direct window program ex. Word , excelIt use more time to find printer and finally the screen turn white and i can’t print itWhen i open printer & scanner My printer didn’t appear but when i click trobleshoot bottom it show...
  3. Can’t print file in direct window programe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t print file in direct window programe: Hello, i have some problem to print file from direct window program ex. Word , excelIt use more time to find printer and finally the screen turn white and i can’t print itWhen i open printer & scanner My printer didn’t appear but when i click trobleshoot bottom it show...
  4. Can’t download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t download apps: HelloI go into Microsoft Store and choose an app to install. It asks me to open Microsoft Store again and then says “ because you’re accessing sensitive info ……. Etc”. I enter PIN and password, but then it just whirs and doesn’t go any further.If I sign in to the laptop as me...
  5. I can’t print black and white help????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t print black and white help????: I’m trying to print a photo that is downloaded on my computer and there is no setting for B&W printing??? There’s color and monochrome and when I print in either one the image comes out pink. I opened the picture in photoshop, edited it to be black and white, this can’t fail...
  6. can’t download apps

can’t download apps: Trust me i’ve googled what to do and i really can’t find anything. I just bought a new laptop an hour ago and i got on it to download Chrome. It didn’t let me so i looked up a video that told me to change my app settings, but, i don’t even have the correct option. Can someone...
  7. Can’t download apps

Can’t download apps: Whenever I try to download an app from the internet, the screen that usually says, “this app isn’t verified” (or something like that) won’t load and the app can’t download. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/La-Potate [link] [comments]...
  8. Can’t delete app.

Can’t delete app.: Trying to get rid of an app taking up over 30gb of space but when clicking uninstall it says it can’t find the uninstall file. After searching for the app manually we can’t find it. How can we delete the ghost file? If it is a ghost file. We’ve already unhid hidden folders....
  9. This App Can’t Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This App Can’t Open: [IMG]this keeps happening when i try to open up rust any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-open/accfafc2-a9c0-4b71-9808-105ffffc11bf
  10. Photo app not printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app not printing.: I cannot print images in Windows 10 Photo app. Paint and Paint 3D can print images without a problem. Did a reset of Photo app to no avail. Also went to Feedback Hub and posted problem. In the meantime has anyone had this problem and have a solution? Gort 113398