Windows 10: Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts

Discus and support Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think it was when the current build of Windows 10 (1709) came out that Microsoft introduced a feature where any windows (even things like Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexncfc, Mar 25, 2018.

1. alexncfc Win User

Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts

I think it was when the current build of Windows 10 (1709) came out that Microsoft introduced a feature where any windows (even things like Task Manager etc) would re-open when the system was restarted if they were open and running when the system was shut down.

I wasn't keen on this feature at first but then I started to find it quite useful. However, I am not sure if Microsoft have changed anything in recent cumulative updates or whatever, but this has now not been happening for a month or two. Where is this setting stored? I was wondering if I'd changed something and not known about it.

Thanks

:)

alexncfc, Mar 25, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 25, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    C: drive filling up because of CBS log file

Hi dridri92,

Click your Start Button, type services and hit Enter to open the Services app

Scroll down to find the Windows Modules Installer service and double-click on it

Set its startup type to Manual

Restart your System

Then open Windows File Explorer

Go to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS

Delete all of the files in the CBS folder

Restart your PC

Then go back into the Services App and set Windows Modules Installer Service back to Automatic Startup

DaveM121, Mar 25, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts - Similar Threads - Apps File Explorer

2. Cannot open an app or folder in the desktop or in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open an app or folder in the desktop or in the file explorer: I need to click a lot of times and not double click in order to open an app or a folder in the desktop or in the file explorer but i can open it via pressing enter or right clicking it and choosing the option open, and i also cannot double click on a window to maximize it, i...
  3. Files seen in file explorer won't open in microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files seen in file explorer won't open in microsoft apps: Hi I have CDDA music files on usb that can be seen in file explorer but can't be either: a) played on surface pro on WPA, itunes or any other microsoft app b) converted using a microsoft app converter c) when using an app to convert or play the file cant be seen in its...
  4. Open 2 file explorer windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Open 2 file explorer windows: Often I find the need to have these 2 windows open and I have not been able to do so on win10. I'm sure there is a way - pls show me. Thanks. 123914
  5. file system is not opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e
  6. File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?: If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store. The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using. I'd like to remove...
  7. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  8. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243
  9. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...
  10. Open App when restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Open App when restarting: When I restart my computer I have a message that I have an app open. But I never saw this one until I installed W10. It says it is Faceaway Countdown dlg. I looked on the app list from the computer and it is not there. I searched google and did not see it. Is this a...