Windows 10: Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts

Discus and support Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think it was when the current build of Windows 10 (1709) came out that Microsoft introduced a feature where any windows (even things like Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexncfc, Mar 25, 2018.

1. alexncfc Win User

Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts

I think it was when the current build of Windows 10 (1709) came out that Microsoft introduced a feature where any windows (even things like Task Manager etc) would re-open when the system was restarted if they were open and running when the system was shut down.

I wasn't keen on this feature at first but then I started to find it quite useful. However, I am not sure if Microsoft have changed anything in recent cumulative updates or whatever, but this has now not been happening for a month or two. Where is this setting stored? I was wondering if I'd changed something and not known about it.

Thanks

:)

alexncfc, Mar 25, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 25, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    C: drive filling up because of CBS log file

Hi dridri92,

Click your Start Button, type services and hit Enter to open the Services app

Scroll down to find the Windows Modules Installer service and double-click on it

Set its startup type to Manual

Restart your System

Then open Windows File Explorer

Go to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS

Delete all of the files in the CBS folder

Restart your PC

Then go back into the Services App and set Windows Modules Installer Service back to Automatic Startup

DaveM121, Mar 25, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps/File Explorer windows opening on system restarts - Similar Threads - Apps File Explorer

2. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  3. file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer doesnt open, restarts whenever i try to open it: Whenever I try to open file explorer on my computer, it just restarts which I can see in task manager, and visually how everything freezes, taskbar disappears, start menu disappears, wallpaper goes black, then the things come back. I have tried manually restarting it from...
  4. Cannot open Application app on file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Application app on file explorer: I can't open any application on file explorer. technically it did open but then a black screen froze and just completely shut down. then a Debug log appear saying "[0126/172424.829:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc56] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified....
  5. Cannot open Application app on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Application app on file explorer: I can't open any application on file explorer. technically it did open but then a black screen froze and just completely shut down. then a Debug log appear saying "[0126/172424.829:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc56] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified....
  6. Cannot open Application app on file explorer

7. File Explorer sluggish opening from apps

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sluggish opening from apps: Win10 v21H1 build 19043.1165. File Explorer works fine in all situations except when opened from an app to select a file or files, or a location and name to save. 15-20 seconds for it to start up. Drives me crazy. The smaller window for selecting a directory works fine...
  8. File explorer slow to open, Windows apps have no app associated.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer slow to open, Windows apps have no app associated.: Hi! I've had this issue ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, but I never found a solution.The issue is that when I boot my pc, there's a ~50% chance something will be 'wrong'. And when it goes wrong, it's always these two things:1. Windows apps like settings have no...
  9. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  10. Apps opening File Explorer full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps opening File Explorer full screen: Win 10 1909 18363.836 Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with no Minimise or Resize options visible. I believe this problem occurred following a recent Win update. I have made sure that I...