Windows 10: Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu

Discus and support Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I noticed some programs were missing from the start menu. Upon further investigation it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x3nt0n, Aug 23, 2015.

1. x3nt0n Win User

Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu

Hi,

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I noticed some programs were missing from the start menu. Upon further investigation it seems only the programs from my SSD are in the start menu, anything I installed to my second drive is absent from the start menu.

I'm hoping there's an easy fix for this?

:)

x3nt0n, Aug 23, 2015
  2. CompuKid Win User

Apps completely missing from start menu

All of the original apps on my start menu have disappeared. The are still on the computer and can be opened, but this is not a convenient fix and it has other users in my home screaming...Help Please!!

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category**

CompuKid, Aug 23, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Apps completely missing from start menu

Have you right clicked on the app and did pin to start?

lacrumb, Aug 23, 2015
  4. x3nt0n Win User

Hi,

Just to add these programs aren't just missing from the start menu, they don''t even appear if I go to add/remove programs. They run fine if I locate and open them on the HDD. I'm currently faced with the task of manually creating shortcuts for all of them, or reinstalling. I'm hoping there's a workaround.

Please help

x3nt0n, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu - Similar Threads - Apps 2nd HDD

2. Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu: Hisuddenly, all pinned apps in the start menu have disappeared, even if I search for them they are not therethis is for all apps, Microsoft, office, and third party. the apps will work if I opened from the Folder in Programs Files, but it does not appear in the start menu....
  3. Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu: Hisuddenly, all pinned apps in the start menu have disappeared, even if I search for them they are not therethis is for all apps, Microsoft, office, and third party. the apps will work if I opened from the Folder in Programs Files, but it does not appear in the start menu....
  4. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu: recently i just change my laptop SSD to a lager one, so i make a clean install of windows 11, but i keep getting problem, those problem make me format and install so many times, sometimes either the fingerprint not working, or some of the feature not working, or sometimes...
  5. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu: recently i just change my laptop SSD to a lager one, so i make a clean install of windows 11, but i keep getting problem, those problem make me format and install so many times, sometimes either the fingerprint not working, or some of the feature not working, or sometimes...
  6. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  7. Apps missing from search and start menu

Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  8. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. App icons missing from Start menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App icons missing from Start menu: [ATTACH] The thumbnails on some apps downloaded from microsoft store are missing. I tried reinstalling these apps. But the problem is not solved. Moreover I cannot download messenger app from microsoft store. How can I solve this problems....
  10. Cortana Missing From Start Menu

Cortana Missing From Start Menu: Hello, I have tried everything! For some reason, Cortana is not on my start menu or one of my pinned tiles. Not sure how to get it back on there. Therefore Cortana's search bar is also missing, which was super convenient for me. Can someone please tell me how to pin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs on second hdd dont show in start menu