Windows 10: Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately

Discus and support Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know when this happened but, apps that I got from the Windows store are not working. Mainly Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kaze369, Feb 13, 2018.

1. kaze369 Win User

Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately

I don't know when this happened but, apps that I got from the Windows store are not working. Mainly Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Other apps like Netflix seem to be working just fine. I don't know what caused this. I've tried resetting the windows store app itself, uninstalling and re-installing the apps themselves, and the windows troubleshooter. But none of this worked. Not sure what to do.

:)

kaze369, Feb 13, 2018

2. Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately

I don't know when this happened but, apps that I got from the Windows store are not working. Mainly Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Other apps like Netflix seem to be working just fine. I don't know what caused this. I've tried resetting the
    windows store app itself, uninstalling and re-installing the apps themselves, and the windows troubleshooter. But none of this worked. Not sure what to do.

whitecloud369, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately

wsreset did not work as well.

whitecloud369, Feb 13, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, to discriminate between a fundamental Windows issue and a problem with your user profile, please create a new user account, log in to that account, and see if the same apps then crash.

I assume you have neither relevant system restore points nor a previously created disk image you can use to restore your system to a prior known good working state. (We constantly urge users to use disk imaging routinely - this means you can recover Windows and any imaged disk or partition to a previous known state - e.g. Macrium reflect (free) + external disk for image sets). However, if you only discover a problem a long time after its origin and don't know when it happened, as you say, this becomes more difficult.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2018
  5. kaze369 Win User
    After creating and signing into a new account the problem is still there. The apps still open and crash so I don't think it the problem is the user profile.

kaze369, Feb 14, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, Have you tried this?
    Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Otherwise I would suggest you head for an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data and most settings.

If your build number is 16299 (Windows key + R, winver) then see
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Tutorials
    Before taking such a step, please create a disk image (we continually recommend users routinely use disk imaging to recover quickly from many situations without technical help to a previous working state. This even helps if your disk fails- and they do. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + large enough external storage (e.g. usb disk).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately - Similar Threads - Apps Store open

2. Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately: Hello! I've been having a problem with my Windows Apps for a bit... I noticed that i had a huge unused file that was clogging up the space on my ssd, turns out it was some forza horizon 4 uninstall residue, so naturally I decide to remove it. After around 2 hours trying to...
  3. Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Apps Crash Immediately: Hello! I've been having a problem with my Windows Apps for a bit... I noticed that i had a huge unused file that was clogging up the space on my ssd, turns out it was some forza horizon 4 uninstall residue, so naturally I decide to remove it. After around 2 hours trying to...
  4. Calculator, store and other apps open then close immediately

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Calculator, store and other apps open then close immediately: Calculator, store and other apps open then close immediately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-store-and-other-apps-open-then-close/896cf7b9-ffe2-4359-b464-d9ad234518cc
  5. windows apps and store crash on opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows apps and store crash on opening: I move my windows apps to a diffrent folder then moved them back cause it didnt owrk and now no windows apps are working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-apps-and-store-crash-on-opening/9c34aab5-f218-4e6a-9518-ed9b23e308e7
  6. Windows Store wont open opens up then immediately closes nor any apps from it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store wont open opens up then immediately closes nor any apps from it.: Literally tried EVERYTHING, wsreset, registry, caches, repairs, external programs, cant even remember most of them, and NOTHING store is LITERALLY BROKEN im so frustrated. It was working fine and then one day bam just out of no where the store doesnt want to open... wsreset...
  7. Microsoft App Store opens up and immediately closes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft App Store opens up and immediately closes.: I just installed the latest update of Windows 10. Now my Microsoft App Store opens and closes immediately. I saw this was a problem back in 2015. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?...
  8. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...
  9. Apps Immediately Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Immediately Crash: Hi Everyone, I've run into this problem where I'm offline and I open a modern app, I might see the app for a moments, but then immediately closes or crashes. It doesn't seem to happen to the mall/calendar app that comes with Windows 10. I've noticed though that sometimes...
  10. Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening: I am having an issue with the official Twitter app on Windows 10. Every time I open the app, it shows for a split second then it closes. I cannot use it at all! I Googled the problem but nothing came up. throwing quotes around "Twitter" showed only one result saying that...