Windows 10: Apps & Games Storage is huge - no idea what is in there

Discus and support Apps & Games Storage is huge - no idea what is in there in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Upon visiting Settings/Storage, I notice that Apps & Games is taking up 54gb of space. Yet when I click on the icon, I see that the apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nbergami, Aug 2, 2016.

1. nbergami Win User

Apps & Games Storage is huge - no idea what is in there

Hello all,

Upon visiting Settings/Storage, I notice that Apps & Games is taking up 54gb of space. Yet when I click on the icon, I see that the apps I have installed total less than 5gb. I cannot figure out what is taking up the rest of the space. I am using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Elements so I suspect it may have something to do with that. Help appreciated!

Nick

:)

nbergami, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Win10: tryign to cleanup my C: drive, Storage shows more being used that what I can see

When you open 'Storage' in 'Settings' > double click on 'Apps & games' to see what apps & games are taking up your storage space - it will indicate what is installed & using up so much of your storage space - if necessary uninstall those apps you do not
    use and/or require.!!!!!!!

Shilohbob, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Unknown Storage Space Add-up on C: Drive

Thank you for replying. I agree with you which is why I did not take any chance deleting unknown files.

As far as games go, the Steam app alone is located on the C: Drive while the games and updates are redirected to be installed on the secondary HDD drive. I did clear some cache from the Steam app however. It is quite a mystery with this storage issues. 2
    days ago my "Others" tab in the "Storage" section in the Settings window was showing a huge amount of storage but when clicked on the "Others" to see what is the files, there isn't any files showing with huge space but the tab itself say its occupied with
    huge storage. Now this unknown shrinking of storage in the C: drive. I will continue to look at TreeSize to see if there are any files suspicious.

SatheshKumar19, Aug 2, 2016
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Did you do the Anniversary upgrade? If so, be aware the upgrade creates a windows.old folder that holds all your old stuff should you need to revert back to your original OS. In this case the old version of Windows 10 prior to the Anniversary release.

With that, you can delete the window.old folder by doing a disk cleanup. When you bring up disk cleanup, click the Clean up system files box, and look for a box that says Previous Windows installation(s). Check that box and windows should remove the Windows.old folder.

Be aware once you delete this folder you will not be able to revert back to your old OS. On the flip side unless your system is really broken, you shouldn't need these files.

Here's a tutorial on how to delete the windows.old folder - How to Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10

Good luck. BTW my windows.old folder was some 20.4 gig large.

sygnus21, Aug 2, 2016
  5. nbergami Win User
    Thank you very much for the suggestion. I just went through the tutorial and it does not appear that there is any windows.old folder. Another reason I think that can't be it is that I noticed the that size of apps & games is continuously growing.

nbergami, Aug 3, 2016
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    You still have not answered the question.... did you upgrade?

sygnus21, Aug 3, 2016
  7. nbergami Win User
    I did not do the anniversary upgrade. Running V. 1511 at the moment.

nbergami, Aug 4, 2016
  8. nbergami Win User

Hello all. Just bumping this up. I still have no idea how to fix this *Sad

nbergami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps & Games Storage is huge - no idea what is in there - Similar Threads - Apps Games Storage

2. Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue: I need to free up space on my laptop. It's maxed out at 256/256 GB, showing that the apps are taking up 160 GB of storage. However, settings only find 141 apps most came on the computer and only 2 take up more than a gigabyte of space. The 2 in question are Google Play Games...
  3. Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue: I need to free up space on my laptop. It's maxed out at 256/256 GB, showing that the apps are taking up 160 GB of storage. However, settings only find 141 apps most came on the computer and only 2 take up more than a gigabyte of space. The 2 in question are Google Play Games...
  4. Idea pad flex 3 storage

Idea pad flex 3 storage: I got my idea pad flex three on the grounds of it behind a 56 gb laptop but then after a week of having it I go to download something and it’s full and im like what I check the storage and almost over half of it is taken up by “system files” “reserved storage” “hibernation...
  5. Idea pad flex 3 storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idea pad flex 3 storage: I got my idea pad flex three on the grounds of it behind a 56 gb laptop but then after a week of having it I go to download something and it’s full and im like what I check the storage and almost over half of it is taken up by “system files” “reserved storage” “hibernation...
  6. No idea what to do :

in Windows 10 Customization
    No idea what to do :: Hey guys, so I just woke up today and turned on my computer just to find it having trouble.I keep getting LARGE amounts of BSOD’s with a variety of different stop codes such as “APC Index mismatch”, “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA”, “MEMORY MANAGEMENT”, “SYSTEM SERVICE...
  7. Huge disk storage doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge disk storage doesn’t add up: I’m using an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It’s been pretty slow recently and I noticed that there’s 411 GB out of 446 GB space being used in my hard disk drive. I’m not using the laptop that much and I checked the storage in settings to see what was taking up all that...
  8. Any idea what's that.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any idea what's that.: At shutdown or restarting my pc i get this error at the end Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which...
  9. Any idea what this is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what this is: Not sure if this is the right place to post, but any help or suggestions welcome. anyone have any idea what this icon / application is? It flashes up for less than a second when i first boot up, sometime its so quick i don't even see it. It always appears just above the...
  10. No idea what this is.

No idea what this is.: In Settings, "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" there is something called PCFDOC8.exe Under it, it says "install progress 100%. The bar is switched off, but even on it does nothing. Any idea what this is, and how to remove it? 47833