Windows 10: Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

Discus and support Apps getting Installed Without my Permission in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by win10freak, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission.
    For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it.

This is just annoying and rude so to speak!

Is there a way to uninstall these apps which I do not need that were recently installed without my permission?

And is there a setting that can block these new apps from installing in the first place?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Sep 14, 2017
  2. GeeCeeEnf Win User

Been Signed up for Skype without my permission.

Win 10 has just been updated and now it is signing me up automatically for apps like Skype without my permission. I have had a notice that it has sent my email to Skype and I am to have it installed. This is a breach of my personal choice of what gets installed
    on my own PC. It also took away software during the update like CCleaner that I had installed. What else has Microsoft done without my permission during the latest update?

Microsoft should not be able to automatically sign me up for software without my permission or giving away my email details without my permission or take away software I have installed during an update.

GeeCeeEnf, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Store installs apps without my permission

When you refresh, you go back to factory conditions. If the games were included when the computer was purchased and shipped from the factory, then of course they will be back after you refresh. This is normal.

25 years ago if you purchased Windows (which came with Solitaire), but you removed Solitaire, and then did a factory reset, solitaire would have "come back". It's the same as always.

Complaint: "Factory reset actually resets computer back to factory conditions"

That's not a problem, that's what it's supposed to do.

I'm unsubscribing. You're obviously not happy, but no one here can ever possibly do anything to help you. You can, at least, take comfort in knowing that it will never come back once you remove it. Unless you intentionally reset it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  5. How can I uninstall these? Just right click and select Uninstall?
    Is this correct?

I think PowerBI is a Microsoft product tool.

This is also a security concern, because what if an app is infected with malware from the App Store and then installs itself on the computer?

Do you trust Microsoft if they really scan for malware within these apps?

Makes me wonder...

Thanks alot for this!!

win10freak, Sep 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  7. I sure hope MS will put an end to this in their future builds.
    Because I think this is nonsense. Installing apps without users permission in the background to me thats way over the top.

I like Windows 10, but some of the things are just kept hidden from the average users and those average users need to be a computer genius in order for them to shut some of the most annoying things that come with Win 10.

I appolgize for my rant here. I am sorry. Just needed to get this off my chest.

I know that Windows Updates do it by default automatically in the background, I thats OK, since Windows Security updates need to be installed. That is no brainer, but I am referring to the apps in general.

Thanks Brink!

win10freak, Sep 14, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No worries. I just hope it will help. *Smile

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  9. I know that Windows Updates do it by default automatically in the background, and thats OK, since Windows Security updates need to be installed. That is no brainer, but I am referring to the apps in general.

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission - Similar Threads - Apps getting Installed

2. Microsoft store installing apps without my permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store installing apps without my permission: Good day,Microsoft store installing apps without my permission even when Update apps automatically is tuned off. It just downloaded "Photos Media Engine Add-on" of 93MB and I have limited internet data!Any advice to stop this from happening?Fran...
  3. What with all the apps in my taskbar Windows installed without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What with all the apps in my taskbar Windows installed without my permission?: What the hell Microsoft?I tolerated the intrusive addition of the Cortana app to my task bar, which I can neither uninstall from my system or remove from my task bar, but now there's this "news" app also??Why do I even need to go to the trouble of complaining about this? How...
  4. Applications have been installed without my permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Applications have been installed without my permission: when i went into my settings apps & features today, i noticed that microsoft edge and microsoft 365 was installed yesterday, i didnt do that , why would i install microsoft edge when its already in my pc? has my computer been hacked? please help, should i unistall? i have...
  5. Microsoft "Meet Now" installed without my permission.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft "Meet Now" installed without my permission.: I got this malware looking thing after the last Update, how do I remove this shady program I didnt ask for and make sure it never comes back?...
  6. Input languages installed without my permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Input languages installed without my permission: Hi to everyone, I have been facing an issue in my windows 10 pro. I don't know why these input languages installed while removing them from the settings, still are in my input bar I commonly use 2 input languages, I don't really know why this happened. I will post a...
  7. Windows installing without permission?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows installing without permission?: Hello, I bought Forza Horizon 4 when it came out. Then I decided not to play it anymore and deinstalled it. I had to delete the 80GB folder of the base game manually, because the store won't do that for you, if you click on deinstall. This was a few months ago. So far so...
  8. App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to my microsoft account.

App "World of Warships" installed without permission and connected to my microsoft account.: I was shocked to receive this email from Microsoft today: Microsoft account New app(s) have access to your data World of Warships connected to the Microsoft account <email address>. If you didn't grant this access, please remove the app(s) from your account. Manage your apps...
  9. Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission: Hi. I am a CS student and there are several apps I need installed on my PC (even if they are not compatible with it or slow it down). Just now I have found out Windows 10 silently uninstalled Meld and Visual Studio Code without my knowledge, let alone my permission. I've read...
  10. King games installing without my permission.

King games installing without my permission.: Hi, I'm just wondering why King games such as Candy Crush, Candy Crush Soda, etc. are installing on my laptop without my permission. I go and uninstall the programs every couple of days and they always come back....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there any app thats need to be installed or updated and why?