Windows 10: Apps have stopped working

Discus and support Apps have stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WightWalker, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Apps have stopped working

Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working.

I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success.

The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the taskbar brings up the full screen but it shortly becomes minimised, then closes.

This is the current 9926 build.

:)

WightWalker, Feb 23, 2015

2. Messaging & Email apps have stopped working

I have similar issues with my Nokia Lumia 820. It appears to be software related. I noticed my issue arose after linking my Microsoft account with my Skype account.

It also appears that Microsoft limits the number of devices to which a particular Microsoft account, i.e. your login, is attached. When my 1st Nokia cracked after one drop, I tried to restore an old Windows Phone 7 device while I waited to receive my replacement
    phone. I noticed that any email accounts and apps associated with my Microsoft login didn't work on my old Windows Phone 7 device, even those accounts/apps had worked prior to me migrating to the Lumia.

JamesBurrell II, Feb 23, 2015
  3. Messaging & Email apps have stopped working

I've had the same problem with the Nokia Lumia 920.

Sorry, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one because Nokia wanted me to send the phone in for repair, but I'm sure it's a software issue.

I've tried doing a factory reset but the problem returned after a few days.

I also have similar problems (exiting before loading) in other applications (Contacts, CNN app, etc.).

I really hope it's just a software update that's required cause I've really been looking forward to this phone and OS.

Plus, if I send the phone back for repairs, it's 7-10 days without a phone, or I have to go back to using my old phone - a Nokia X3-02, which I love, but which would require me purchasing a normal SIM card at $10, then re-purchasing another mini SIM card at
    $10 when I receive my repaired Lumia 920.

Adam.Ashton, Feb 23, 2015
  4. banger Win User

Apps have stopped working

I have had the same for a while, have left feedback about it, apps a flaky at best. Sometimes windows update goes to a black screen.

banger, Feb 23, 2015
Thema:

Apps have stopped working

1. Apps have stopped working - Similar Threads - Apps stopped working

2. Speakers have stopped working on some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers have stopped working on some apps: Internal speaker tests ok, with sound, but there is no sound on videos/news/Netflix. Amazon music does work! I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere - any help will be appreciated!...
  3. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  4. Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working: Everything was working fine until recently. Now all MS apps such as photos, videos, mail, skype, and anything downloaded from the store won't open. The store itself won't even open. I have tried EVERY solution posted online and no luck. After running the troubleshooter, this...
  5. windows apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows apps have stopped working: all of my windows apps have stopped working ,they just appear for a second on screen & collapse . these apps are working fine 2-3 days ago . but I don't know what happened with them . kindly help me...
  6. Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working: After an update, certain default apps (Edge, Powershell, Settings) as well as third party apps (Discord, McAfee) will not work. Sometimes I will get the message "This app can't open," other times the app will open for a split second before closing just as fast. I have...
  7. Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working: Is there anyway to find out which app is throwing up the error as this is a useless bit of information as it stands and the troubleshoot for it just clears temporary files which is not helpful in the slightest. Thanks...
  8. Apps stop working.

Apps stop working.: Hi, In the Reliability Monitor it claims that Photo App - stopped working. I used it briefly and closed it down and saw no evidence of any problem but as stated above the Monitor claims it stopped working. Am I closing it down incorrectly; I use the close button 'X' top...
  9. Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working

Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working: I've just this morning had about half of my apps cease working with the message "application cannot work" or words to the effect of. I've found a few solutions on-line but they all require me to run secpol.msc, which all seems to do with security statuses, and my machine...
  10. All modern apps have stopped working - advice please

All modern apps have stopped working - advice please: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 for almost a month without issue. Then, a few days ago, I received an error message complaining about the registry when attempting to open pictures. I assumed the photo app was broken, as it was the default programme for opening pictures....