Windows 10: Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu

Discus and support Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello ! Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu also disappear and icons from the taskbar. *Mad [img] It really is annoying. Can you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by noname28, Apr 11, 2016.

1. noname28 Win User

Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu

Hello !
    Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu also disappear and icons from the taskbar. *Mad

Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu [​IMG]

It really is annoying. Can you help me ? *Redface

:)

noname28, Apr 11, 2016

2. Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu

Just above that are not helpful information provided in your first answer. I looked everywhere but I could not find anywhere suitable solution.

SpawnerRolly, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu

Hello !

Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu also disappear and icons from the taskbar.

Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu [​IMG]

It really is annoying. Can you help me ?

SpawnerRolly, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, if you don't have
    - system restore points
    - a system image (created by Windows utility)
    - disk images (highly recommended to allow recovery from tricky situations without technical help)

then you can try an in-place upgrade repair install.

(You could try
    sfc /scannow
    from an elevated command prompt, but somehow I'm not convinced that will fix this, although I've no evidence).

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)

This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free) + their boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu - Similar Threads - Apps icons appear

2. "System" Appears underneath apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" Appears underneath apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: Is this a feature or a bug?Underneath all of the built-in apps File Explorer, Settings etc. the word "System" appears in smaller font. It makes sense, but is this the default behaviour or have I changed a setting somewhere?Thanks!Paul...
  3. "System" Appears underneath apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" Appears underneath apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: Is this a feature or a bug?Underneath all of the built-in apps File Explorer, Settings etc. the word "System" appears in smaller font. It makes sense, but is this the default behaviour or have I changed a setting somewhere?Thanks!Paul...
  4. "System" Appears underneath apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.: No idea why..Any suggestions?I have two users/profiles in my pc, one user its like this only the apps show here has no icon other user all the apps has no icon.LoveIM...
  6. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.: No idea why..Any suggestions?I have two users/profiles in my pc, one user its like this only the apps show here has no icon other user all the apps has no icon.LoveIM...
  7. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Strange appearance for start menu apps

Strange appearance for start menu apps: Ever since I set up my Surface Pro 4, the icons have looked strange both when pinned to Start and when I search the program from Start. There doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but the appearance has been deteriorating so that the icons now also look dark for some...
  9. Multiple Start menu icons to the same app appear only once

Multiple Start menu icons to the same app appear only once: Hi, We need several Firefox and Chrome shortcuts with different URLs in the Windows 10 start menu. Unfortunately only one shortcut is shown for Firefox and Chrome. With Internet Explorer it is possible to have multiple entries. Does anybody know how to fix this? regards,...
  10. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

New Apps appearing on Start Menu: The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download updates or not. However I noticed that new apps like People, Phone Companion, Calculator appeared on the start menu after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start icons not apear