Windows 10: Apps in W10 not working

Discus and support Apps in W10 not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is a PC (desktop) .No longer works Start menu, calendar, calculator, MS Edge, Weather - actually they do not open. I tried some solutions found on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alexcali, Dec 30, 2015.

1. alexcali Win User

Apps in W10 not working

It is a PC (desktop) .No longer works Start menu, calendar, calculator, MS Edge, Weather - actually they do not open.
    I tried some solutions found on the net but did not work either.(This situation arose after 2 months of upgrade)
    Eventually, I can reinstall W10 ? (but I do not have product number from initial W7)
    Thank you in advance !

:)

alexcali, Dec 30, 2015

2. W10 Apps Not Working

1. Screenshot

2. All Drivers Updated

3. I cannot find the Troubleshooting thing

4. I have Multiple accounts on my laptop. All 3 experience the same problem.

ShadowClott, Dec 30, 2015
  3. W10 Apps Not Working

Every time I try open apps like: Store, Search, Customer Support, Photos, etc. It loads, then goes to a white screen and then closes, I don't know what to do, I been through around 15+ Websites, none of them fixed my problem. Extra Info (If Needed)

>>>>Screenshot

ShadowClott, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Barman58 Win User

Apps in W10 not working

Have a look here - as long as your copy of windows 10 is activated with Microsoft the data needed to recognise and activate a clean install is held on Microsoft's servers

Barman58, Dec 30, 2015
  5. ziva1995 Win User
    Hy all, i just mistakely repaired the problem on my PC w10 :3 When i pres windows button all w10 apps were fade out, and they had a little (!) sign in bottom right corner... Now they are all good and work, not shure if this is fix bc i fixed it mistakely :3
    1. (windows button)+x
    2. system
    3. system protection (or something like that, my pc is not on english, and my english is bad so, sorry on that)
    4. configure
    5. disable protection, apply, delete, continiou, apply, ok, ok
    6. (you need to repeat 4,5 for all disk drives you have, if you have only 1 drive go for next step)
    7. system protection
    8. configure
    9. enable protection, apply, ok (for all drives), ok

​Soo, let me know if this helps you :3

ziva1995, Jun 19, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    That's a strange solution (glad it worked for you tho' *Wink )

That entails disabling system protection, deleting restore points, then re-enabling system protection - can't see what that has to do with app security - store apps are governed by Clipsvc - these licences are renewed periodically (lease period can be seen in event log) - sometimes restarting that service it all that is required (applies to digital entitlement as well)

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Apps in W10 not working

1. Apps in W10 not working - Similar Threads - Apps W10 working

2. Internet not working- W10!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working- W10!?: What could be the problem? My internet is working on a Chromebook and Ipad but suddenly not on my Windows 10 pc. Nothing seems to be slow or frozen on the pc, just can't get onto the internet status says connected. I've disconnected and reconnected a bunch of times. Suddenly...
  3. Internet not working- W10!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working- W10!?: What could be the problem? My internet is working on a Chromebook and Ipad but suddenly not on my Windows 10 pc. Nothing seems to be slow or frozen on the pc, just can't get onto the internet status says connected. I've disconnected and reconnected a bunch of times. Suddenly...
  4. Uninstallation of w10 apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstallation of w10 apps: I wanna ask what is the disadvantage of uninstalling ALARMS AND CLOCKS app in windows 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstallation-of-w10-apps/76841b41-9e34-42d0-bae9-28375684e876
  5. Your Phone app not working on W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone app not working on W10: Hello there, I installed the your phone app both on my android and my W10, but it doesn't work on W10 I've had W10 for years now but I made a fresh install this afternoon, format all drives and everything, cause I had some issues which are now fixed, I now have windows...
  6. W10 Mail APP AutoComplete not working the same as Outlook.com

W10 Mail APP AutoComplete not working the same as Outlook.com: W10 Mail APP AutoComplete not working the same as Outlook.com. This changed about 2 months ago. Contacted support online and don't think they understood the question. When using Outlook.com and typing the first letter of a name, multiple choices appear. When MAIL app and...
  7. W10, Notifications, Apps and VPN not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10, Notifications, Apps and VPN not working: Since quite some time my vpn is not working anymore, (error message) "the modem is already in use or not configured properly". Notifications are working after a restart, but after a few minutes stop working. When checking in settings/notifications/app, first all apps that...
  8. Mail App in W10

Mail App in W10: I'd like to simplify the Inbox in W10's Mail App. I don't need to have similar items glued together - just want a sequential time/date list of sent and received emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-in-w10/b871905d-d255-447b-82ed-2671313582de
  9. W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    W10: Search in "pinned to start" apps doesn't work: Hello, I have a few portable apps, which I have pinned to start. [img] Now I need to show these apps to show when I type their names in search, but it just doesn't show any of these apps. Search for properly installed apps works flawlessly same as for system settings....
  10. Settings is not working on w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings is not working on w10: I have just update to w10 from w8 and cannot open the setting button. I can´t acces any setting even if I look with the search windows. How can I fix it? 17705