Windows 10: apps not running after downloaded

Discus and support apps not running after downloaded in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i recently got this pc gifted to me and everything works up until I go to run an application from the Microsoft store. any help would be appreciated .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaleahYM, Jul 24, 2018.

1. MaleahYM Win User

apps not running after downloaded

i recently got this pc gifted to me and everything works up until I go to run an application from the Microsoft store. any help would be appreciated . thanks.

:)

MaleahYM, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

3 Apps Not Downloading

Hi Omer,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, there are a lot of possible causes why this issue occurred. We suggest
    that you perform these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter.

To do this, please follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Windows Store Apps
      to run the Troubleshooter.

After running the
    Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, run the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      System and Security.

• Click on
      Windows Update
      to
      run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows Key + R.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      and hit
      Enter.

• Restart
      your computer

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. apps not running after downloaded - Similar Threads - apps running downloaded

2. I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?: Hi,I accindently deleted Run from windows, that opens the apps, document or picture that i typed,Is there a download link for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accindently-deleted-the-run-app-is-there-a/e6f77024-e26d-4548-9da6-c8267a3d0441
  3. I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?: Hi,I accindently deleted Run from windows, that opens the apps, document or picture that i typed,Is there a download link for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accindently-deleted-the-run-app-is-there-a/e6f77024-e26d-4548-9da6-c8267a3d0441
  4. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run media creation tool after downloading: Can't run media creation tool after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-media-creation-tool-after-downloading/9ef69cca-cf48-4e46-96a1-71fa85b624f2
  5. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run media creation tool after downloading: Can't run media creation tool after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-media-creation-tool-after-downloading/9ef69cca-cf48-4e46-96a1-71fa85b624f2
  6. youtube app missing after download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    youtube app missing after download: Hi so i couldn't get the youtube app from the microsoft store app, so i downloaded it from the web version. It's been a week of me trying to find it as it's "missing". It says i own this app, but i can't find it anywhere to uninstall or delete, so i can re-download. I've been...
  7. Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freshly downloaded app runs but window doesn't open: I just downloaded an app and after installing, it seems to run fine, but it is not opening up a windows in order to actually do something with the software. I know people do mess around in the registry in order to fix this. is there anything else that could be wrong? All...
  8. Question on downloading/running an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on downloading/running an app: I want to listen to a podcast app on my laptop vs through my phone. When I open it up on the LT it says installed and the device (my phone) that it's installed to but I can't do anything else with it. It won't open. I've uninstalled it from my phone to see if I could just...
  9. App will not download and open after paying for it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App will not download and open after paying for it: ASA Sailing app will not download after paying for it . It keeps pushing me back to Microsoft store to download again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-will-not-download-and-open-after-paying-for-it/2972467c-f902-4626-bcf7-14b0d0ab47f3
  10. Downloading and running google apps on windows pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading and running google apps on windows pc: Can google apps or other apps (typically found on phones) be downloaded and run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-and-running-google-apps-on-windows-pc/7bde23b4-1c66-487a-9838-50bf179e655e"