Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

Discus and support Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickey12gauge, Jul 29, 2018.

1. mickey12gauge Win User

Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open but will only have the bird in the middle of the screen but that again will be as far as it opens. Also sometimes it takes 2-3 tries opening an app before it completely opens and becomes usable. Any ideas on how to fix this issue so that all apps open fully on the first try?

:)

mickey12gauge, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 29, 2018
  4. geoffers Win User

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!

• Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes [​IMG]

geoffers, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes - Similar Threads - Apps Starting Fully

2. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting): I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal...
  3. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?: Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day. Thanks in advance ;)...
  4. Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app isn't saving to C: drive: I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam. The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos (or videos) to the C: drive but will save to other drives (recovery and USB etc.) when I adjust the drive to which photos...
  5. Windows 10 fails to start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to start.: [IMG][IMG]When I turned my PC on suddenly it showed blue screen of death and the message was inaccessible boot device. Then automatic repair came and I tried to reset my PC it was showing your pc can't be reset then I tried to boot it into safe mode and nothing is happening...
  6. Language in Start menu program list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  7. cannot download apps from store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot download apps from store: hello I cannot download most of the apps it used to say "you need a device with more features" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-download-apps-from-store/31cdf977-5bf7-413c-aa18-acbe5d269777
  8. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  9. Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit: I Started getting bsod registry 0xce0000225 error friday. Ive tried everything in command prompt I could find online to fix this. Restoring the registry, Restoring the boot. My dvd drive doesnt seem to want to work either which is peculiar. My dvd drive doesnt work, And I...
  10. Windows 10 start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu crashes: Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the search result (which are incomplete). The same happens when i try to search sth in the windows settings. The window freezes...