Windows 10: Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

Discus and support Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mickey12gauge, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open but will only have the bird in the middle of the screen but that again will be as far as it opens. Also sometimes it takes 2-3 tries opening an app before it completely opens and becomes usable. Any ideas on how to fix this issue so that all apps open fully on the first try or should I just deal with it and move on?

:)

mickey12gauge, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 29, 2018
  4. geoffers Win User

Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!

• Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes [​IMG]

geoffers, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

1. Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes - Similar Threads - Apps Starting Fully

2. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late: This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried...
  6. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late: This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried...
  7. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Startup apps won't start sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup apps won't start sometimes.: I need the startup apps to run even before log in, so WOL can be used remotely and I can access my system anywhere. Sometimes it will run them while some other times it won't. How can I fix it? Fast startup is disabled on windows but Fast boot is enabled on the BIOS. Is there...
  9. I can't fully uninstall this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't fully uninstall this app: I was recently having problems with nordvpn so I decided to install and uninstall again to see if it would fix the problem.I couldn't understand all that so I killed all of the processes related to nordvpn and then I was able to uninstall. when I tried to download it again it...
  10. Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes: Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open but will only have the bird in the middle of the screen but that again will be as far as it opens. Also sometimes it takes...