Windows 10: Apps not wokring after recent update

Discus and support Apps not wokring after recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, A number of apps and programs on my PC have stopped working since an update installed over the weekend. Ive identified Microsoft Solitaire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkCH1969, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Apps not wokring after recent update

Hi,

A number of apps and programs on my PC have stopped working since an update installed over the weekend. Ive identified Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Calendar and Calculator at this stage but there may be more. They open for a short time on the desktop then simply disappear.

Any solutions/thoughts from the brains trust?

Thanks,

MarkCH1969

:)

MarkCH1969, Aug 21, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Apps not wokring after recent update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Windows Store not updating existing apps

We may need to resolve the Windows Update error first, so that you can update the apps on the
    Windows Store. Let's refer to this article. Here are the suggested steps to follow:

• Choose the version of your Windows (Windows 10).
    • Select No under Step 2 (Run the Windows Update troubleshooter).
    • Download the most recent KB. If you have done this step, click
      No to proceed to Step 4.
    • Run the DISM command. Follow the steps that will be provided.

Maria Fab, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Apps not wokring after recent update

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Apps not wokring after recent update

1. Apps not wokring after recent update - Similar Threads - Apps wokring recent

2. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  3. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  4. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WIFI STOPED WOKRING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI STOPED WOKRING: Sir my Wi-Fi stoped working from 2days ago I tried to fix it out but can't able to do it. Here are some information related to it.Device nameDell Inspiron 5558Windows 10 pro I request you to please help me out...
  6. Google Calendar Not Wokring

Google Calendar Not Wokring: Trying to add my google calendar to windows 10 is not working. It allows me to add the account but the actual calendars won't show up. I've been trying to get this to work for some time. Trying with another google account works so I have no idea what is stopping it for my ain...
  7. Controller not wokring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller not wokring: HI I have a PowerA enhanced xbox one controller for xbox and windows that does not connect. When I plug the usb in, the light on the controller comes on and when I hit the Xbox logo button, the xbox game bar comes up. However, when trying to play a game warzone for instance...
  8. Photos app missing after recent update

Photos app missing after recent update: Split from this thread. ms photo is missing after recent update. now cannot reinstall from ms store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-missing-after-recent-update/03e4aaaf-15da-4409-a72b-a4c230e46e2e
  9. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.: Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor. However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up....
  10. Apps won't work after recent windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't work after recent windows update: After the most recent Windows update in the last 2 weeks, there are various apps on my laptop that won't open. When I click on the icon, they open for a second and then immediately close. Other options for opening them also do not work. The Microsoft Shopping, the...