Windows 10: Apps Tab / Intentional Change?

Discus and support Apps Tab / Intentional Change? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The apps in the apps & functions tab under Start now only shows "Microsoft Corporation" underneath individual app from Microsoft, while from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Faith, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Faith Win User

Apps Tab / Intentional Change?

The apps in the apps & functions tab under Start now only shows "Microsoft Corporation" underneath individual app from Microsoft, while from non-Microsoft applications it's just blank. They used to say different developer/publisher/creator before. Is this change intentional or is it a bug? This must've changed in a cumulative update because it wasn't like when the April feature update first launched.

:)

Faith, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 12, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps Tab / Intentional Change? - Similar Threads - Apps Tab Intentional

2. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?: when you REQUEST screen time, it always uses up the time even if i log out, so if i was given 4 hours via a request, 2 hours in I would sign out and come back in a few hours, only to see that I have run out of screen time...
  3. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?: when you REQUEST screen time, it always uses up the time even if i log out, so if i was given 4 hours via a request, 2 hours in I would sign out and come back in a few hours, only to see that I have run out of screen time...
  4. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Microsoft Photos intentionally bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft Photos intentionally bad?: I am old. I remember 2001 or something. CPU Celeron 1000 MHz. 1 core. Single threaded. Drive with actual magnet disks. Any photo viewer JUST WORKS. You click a photo file, and it opens in 0.5 second. You scroll your mouse wheel, and photos are chanings one another. It is so...
  6. Is Microsoft Photos intentionally bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft Photos intentionally bad?: I am old. I remember 2001 or something. CPU Celeron 1000 MHz. 1 core. Single threaded. Drive with actual magnet disks. Any photo viewer JUST WORKS. You click a photo file, and it opens in 0.5 second. You scroll your mouse wheel, and photos are chanings one another. It is so...
  7. Slowing PC down intentionally?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing PC down intentionally?: I make games using Unity, but my PC can’t even handle my own games. Is there any way I can slow down Unity so it doesn’t skip frames but slows them all down so that I can record the “slow-motion” version and speed it up in a video editor? I want to record my game for a...
  8. Apps Tab / Intentional Change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps Tab / Intentional Change?: The apps in the apps & functions tab under Start now only shows "Microsoft Corporation" underneath individual app from Microsoft, while from non-Microsoft applications it's just blank. They used to say different developer/publisher/creator before. Is this change intentional...
  9. Microsoft - Apathy or Intent

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft - Apathy or Intent: Microsoft - Apathy or Intent VI Keeton started on November 12, 2015 [img] I posted this on another Microsoft website last night and am following the suggestion given that I post on this website. I could bore you with pages and pages of my interactions with...
  10. Alt/Tab has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt/Tab has changed: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did...