Windows 10: Apps vanishing??

Discus and support Apps vanishing?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, about the past week, various apps on my start menu have been turning dark and going inactive, clicking these leads to the "contact admin for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalehough, Jul 22, 2018.

1. dalehough Win User

Apps vanishing??

Recently, about the past week, various apps on my start menu have been turning dark and going inactive, clicking these leads to the "contact admin for support" message, This is for both the live tile and the standard selecting from all programs menu. Screens will be attached to show the start menu and message

Dsim scans reveal there is no issue with the PC and more apps keep going dark each day. Most of this has been since Windows Diagnostic Service, which required the use of Powershell to restart, turned itself off after playing the Doki Doki Liturature Club game, a game that revolves around altering it's own save and program files in order to play, via Steam.

I have tried resetting 2 apps via the setting menu, which lead to the app vanishing completely off the start menu, and task bar, leading to a loss of MSStore and Windows Photo Viewer.

Windows Firewall is also unable to restart.

A new user was made for this pc, but that contains very few apps on it. Ownership of files was changed to see if any issues were resolved, none were

Are there any ways of getting back the dead apps? Or is a system restore the only option? PC is currently on Win10 v1709 and has issues installing most of the new updates, despite being less than 2 years old

Apps that have vanished, several of these are unimportant, but I would like to have them all recovered:
    Calendar
    Films & TV
    Get Help
    Groove Music
    Mail
    MS Solitaire Collection
    News
    My Office
    Weather
    MS Store - no icon/reset
    Photo Viewer - no icon/reset

:)

dalehough, Jul 22, 2018

2. Microsoft phone apps have vanished including settings and phone info

Hello Lora,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your mobile apps vanished, including settings and phone info, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version currently running on your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Vanished Apps

Corrupted system files after an update is one of the possible reasons why the apps is missing on your start menu. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    thread
    that was provided by Meliton Dec on October 21, 2017.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Apps vanishing??

Vanishing wireless card!

Then I may have to get one. Any suggestions on a specific card?

Do note that this "vanishing card" has NEVER happened before until I got my netbook back up and running about 6-8 months of no usage.

Toothless, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Apps vanishing??

1. Apps vanishing?? - Similar Threads - Apps vanishing

2. Microsoft Store app, numerous shortcuts and Windows apps have vanished Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app, numerous shortcuts and Windows apps have vanished Windows 11: At some point recently, a bunch of stuff has disappeared from my PC. Among them: Mail app on the Start bar, Windows Media Player only choice now is Windows Media Player Legacy, Microsoft Store, Snipping Tool. I can use the Print Screen key to get the basic screen capture, but...
  3. Microsoft Store app, numerous shortcuts and Windows apps have vanished Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app, numerous shortcuts and Windows apps have vanished Windows 11: At some point recently, a bunch of stuff has disappeared from my PC. Among them: Mail app on the Start bar, Windows Media Player only choice now is Windows Media Player Legacy, Microsoft Store, Snipping Tool. I can use the Print Screen key to get the basic screen capture, but...
  4. All of The System app icons have vanished.

All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  5. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  6. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.: I pin them to my taskbar and after 1-4 days the apps are gone from task bar and I am required to redownload and install them from Microsoft Store. The files are also absent from C-drive and appear to have been deleted. This has occurred for about a month or two....
  8. Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.

Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.: I pin them to my taskbar and after 1-4 days the apps are gone from task bar and I am required to redownload and install them from Microsoft Store. The files are also absent from C-drive and appear to have been deleted. This has occurred for about a month or two....
  9. Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎11-‎22 OS build 22000.978 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.978.0 I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now, I have tried all the usual fixes:Made sure I updated everythingTried the MS...
  10. Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less

Microsoft Store app crashes pops up then vanishes in 1 second or less: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎11-‎22 OS build 22000.978 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.978.0 I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now, I have tried all the usual fixes:Made sure I updated everythingTried the MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reason for apps automatically vanishing on pc