Windows 10: Apps won't download

Discus and support Apps won't download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been unsuccessfully trying to download some Apps from the App Store and while the progress bar says it is 'Working' nothing happens. I also get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cyberdesigner, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Apps won't download

I've been unsuccessfully trying to download some Apps from the App Store and while the progress bar says it is 'Working' nothing happens.

I also get a screen prompt, asking me to log on to my Hotmail account, which I don't really want to do, as I have Yahoo email.

So is it a requirement to log on to your Hotmail account, in order to download these Apps?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Dec 12, 2015

2. apps won't download

Other things you can try:

Start by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down to the bottom

Click Windows Store Apps

Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete try opening the Store again.

Also check if the Store works in another user account.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wsreset.exe

Hit Enter

Do this a couple times then try launching the Store again.

Your Antivirus might be interfering with the Store, try disabling it 'temporarily' to see if it launches.

Check Windows Update and install the latest updates. Sometimes Microsoft releases infrastructure fixes for the Store through Windows Update.

You can also try resetting the store app using the following instructions:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-windows-...

If that does not work, try resetting the software distribution folder:

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive.
    Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + X.

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Apps won't download.

Hello I had same issue all apps stuck downloading at 0.0 MB and Mail and Calendar would not work. I deleted file C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb and rebooted everything worked
    a new DataStore.edb file was created when the Store launched after reboot

Michael Handy, Dec 12, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Apps won't download

You do have to be logged into the account you set up 10 with. In my case it's a Hotmail account,

BunnyJ, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

Apps won't download

1. Apps won't download - Similar Threads - Apps won't download

2. Realtek audio app won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio app won't download: New PC and new Win 10 and cannot get realtek audio console, app will not download. Have downloaded the RtkNGUI64 file but will not start. Drivers appear to be up to date....
  3. Realtek audio app won't download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio app won't download: New PC and new Win 10 and cannot get realtek audio console, app will not download. Have downloaded the RtkNGUI64 file but will not start. Drivers appear to be up to date....
  4. Apps Downloaded Won't Connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps Downloaded Won't Connect to the Internet: I didn't know when this started but every app I downloaded won't connect to the Internet.My WiFi connects just fine but the apps said I had no network connectionI googled for solutions but didn't find any that would helpApps I downloaded back then work just fine though...
  5. calculator app won't download

calculator app won't download: I have received the error code 0x8007000D when trying to download windows calculator app.Have tried all sorts of ways to get the calculator to work including deleting it. Now I cannot getit back on my computer at all,...
  6. Microsoft won't download or launch apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft won't download or launch apps.: I've had this issue for about a month now, if I try to launch an app it will freeze, and if I try downloading apps in the store they stay at "Starting download". I tried troubleshooting but it showed no errors, I've tried every solution I could find online and still nothing...
  7. Windows Won't Update or download apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't Update or download apps: I have tried every fix online. Nothing helps. My memory is also always stuck at 100%. I've tried all the online fixes for that as well. I even had someone reinstall windows 10 remotely and nothing ever changes. The last update was in January. Since then there is nothing but...
  8. HPSmart App Won't Download

HPSmart App Won't Download: Hello, I have tried to install the HP Smart app from the Windows Store but it will not download. I have tried every option listed below from previous questions. Nothing worked. What other options do I have? 1. Run Windows App Troubleshooter Windows Key+X > Click Settings...
  9. Purchased App Won't Download.

Purchased App Won't Download.: Purchased a lifetime subscription to TouchMail but it doesn't show in my library so I can't re-install it without paying for it again. The app still shows up under Apps Purchased in the Store, but the app won't install from their either....
  10. app won't download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app won't download: I WAS PLAYING INFINITY SLOTS WHEN WE HAD A POWER OUTAGE. WHEN I LATER TRIED TO GET BACK ON, IT WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD. WHAT CAN I DO? THE APP CAME WITH MY LAPTOP AND I HAVE MICROSOFT 10. ONE SUGGESTION HAS BEEN TO UNINSTALL THE APP THEN REINSTALL IT. WILL I LOSE MY DATA?...