Windows 10: Apps won't go away in settings all apps

Discus and support Apps won't go away in settings all apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've downloaded steam and on that i've downloaded games when i downloaden warface it started and then i wnted to quit maybe i've done that wrong in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DAAN, Jan 20, 2017.

1. DAAN Win User

Apps won't go away in settings all apps

I've downloaded steam and on that i've downloaded games when i downloaden warface it started and then i wnted to quit maybe i've done that wrong in some way... But now that i want to delete that app it says that the app is still running i didn't know how to stop the app, i've tried to delete steam (that worked) but now when i search for the games that have been deleted too i see a white paper and trying to open the game will result in a message that says cant open this app.

what do i do?

i've placed a thumbnail to explain what i'm talking about
    its the 2 lowest apps btw

:)

2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Persistant App that won't GO AWAY!!!!

Hi,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from fully uninstalling this app. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. for example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to uninstall it? If yes, post a screenshot of it here.
    • What steps did you do when you tried to uninstall the app? Did you do it through Control Panel or Settings? If it still appears on the list of programs installed on your computer, post a screenshot.
    • Is it enabled in the Startup tab of your Task Manager? To check, right-click your taskbar, choose
      Task Manager, then go to the Startup tab. Please post a screenshot of this as well so we could study it further.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Persistant App that won't GO AWAY!!!!

I installed an App called Ring Video Doorbell. Now, I have attempted many times to In-install this App, but it NEVER GOES AWAY. I think it has somehow Attached itself to my "Start-up" Program, so that whenever I Restart my computer - THERE IT IS!!! Can
    someone PLEASE help me make this go away!!!

Thanks!

fortworthdave, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Apps won't go away in settings all apps

Welcome to the TenForums @DAAN

If you have an app that is not part of Windows then I would boot to Safe Mode and uninstall it there. Before doing this I would take a restore point and maybe even take an Image of my OS with Macrium Reflect.

If you are uncomfortable entering safe mode you could always open task manager and find them there. One last thought would be to look through Startup, in task manager, and disable any starts that apply to these games.

If they are not in Start Up the Sysinternals Autoruns may be of use.

All changes have risks, have a fall back plan.

Caledon Ken, Jan 21, 2017
Thema:

Apps won't go away in settings all apps

1. Apps won't go away in settings all apps - Similar Threads - Apps won't away

2. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  3. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  4. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  6. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  7. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. This app can't open message won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This app can't open message won't go away: I recently plugged in my new Alienware mouse and keyboard and it installed the app Alienware Command Center. However, shortly afterward, a Windows error popped up saying "This app can't open". I click "close" and the error pops right back up. I click "copy to clipboard" then...
  9. Unreal email in windows mail app won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unreal email in windows mail app won't go away: I have an unread email, I've looked in all my addresses and nothing is there when you filter by unread. I tried restarting pc, closing app, even did a thing that involved removing inbox from favourites and readding. Nothing worked. Anything I can do? submitted by /u/Mamba28...
  10. Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away

Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away: So I deleted the Alexa app from Windows 10 by right-clicking on the app icon and hitting Uninstall. The app icon appeared on my start menu twice for some reason and only one of them disappeared when I deleted the app. Now the other Alexa app icon is still there and doesn't...