Windows 10: appXSCV has high CPU usage. Turn off in Privacy>Background Apps

Discus and support appXSCV has high CPU usage. Turn off in Privacy>Background Apps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This issue has been pointed out but mixed inside a bunch of posts. In the latest fast ring build 19476, it is worse and does not stop on its own. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Pombrio, Oct 16, 2016.

1. appXSCV has high CPU usage. Turn off in Privacy>Background Apps

This issue has been pointed out but mixed inside a bunch of posts. In the latest fast ring build 19476, it is worse and does not stop on its own. The major symptom is that the screen cursor on the desktop will flash a blue ring every second or two. Also the CPU usage is up around 8-10% while just idling. Task manager shows that the wsappx> appXSCV is using up the CPU cycles.
    The solution is to turn off the Background Apps in the privacy button in settings. I think the new builds turn it back on every time there is an update in the fast ring.

here is the tutorial:
    Background Apps - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

appXSCV has high CPU usage. Turn off in Privacy>Background Apps [​IMG]

:)

John Pombrio, Oct 16, 2016

2. Data Usage Limit setting option is not showing up in Settings App

My data usage has spiked upwards tremendously since updating to Windows 10, with resulting overage charges by my ISP. I have reviewed other queries and responses to increased data usage, and have consequently turned off most of my apps that I do not use
    and turned on the Metered Connection. I turned off apps by going to Start->Settings->Privacy->Background Apps and click on the button to turn them on or off. To turn on the Metered Connection go to Settings->Network->Wifi-.>Advanced Options-> Data Usage->Data
    Details. I then went to the Windows Update section, and it appears that Windows 10 will not automatically do updates when the Metered Connection is turned on. Is this correct?

NitPickyVirgo, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Why is Photos.exe running at over 80% CPU on Windows 10 PC

Open Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps

Toggle off Photos and it should not run in the background using up CPU cycles.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

appXSCV has high CPU usage. Turn off in Privacy>Background Apps

1. appXSCV has high CPU usage. Turn off in Privacy>Background Apps - Similar Threads - appXSCV has high

2. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  3. CPU usage is high

CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  4. high cpu usage with any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu usage with any app: hello sorry for my bad english.when i close an app in task manager then high cpu usage whit another app.so i end that but again high cpu usage with another app and its loop. i search my computer for virus but it not worked.how can i solve that.thanks...
  5. high cpu usage with any app

high cpu usage with any app: hello sorry for my bad english.when i close an app in task manager then high cpu usage whit another app.so i end that but again high cpu usage with another app and its loop. i search my computer for virus but it not worked.how can i solve that.thanks...
  6. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  7. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!: Hello! I'm new here so I will make this short. I installed Windows 10 (10130 build) and I love it. The only problem that I'm having with it is this Photo Background app that eats my cpu(30-40%)! When I start up windows I need to kill it in task manager everytime. But even...