Windows 10: April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

Discus and support April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 i7-3770 2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoMatrixJR, Aug 14, 2018.

1. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

i7-3770

2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total)

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX GPU

What files do I need to post?

:)

NeoMatrixJR, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Zubasa Win User

Time for 890FX goodness.

Yup finally it is time to upgrade my mobo *Wink April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG ;)
    So the Choices are:
    • Asus Crosshair IV formula (avaliable)
      [*]MSI 890FXA-GD70 (not yet)
      [*]Gigabyte 890FX-UD5 (not yet)
      [*]Asrock 890FX extreme 3 (avaliable, great bang for the buck)
    Which of these boards is the shit? *Stick Out Tongue April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG :p
    I am also open for suggestions.

Zubasa, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Sinotek Win User
    BSOD random times different errors

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG [​IMG]

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG [​IMG]

Sinotek, Aug 14, 2018
  4. martyst Win User

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

driver_pnp_watchdog error

Hello,

Today I tried updating to the latest version of Windows 1803 and a BSOD saying DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG appeared after 42% of the installation was complete. After the failed attempt it rolled back to previous version of the OS.

My current version is 1703 (I can't update to 1709 due to a different error).

After some research I've found that there maybe be a key to a solution in a file named setupmem.dmp located in C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback.

I don't know how to view this type of file but I can provide a link to it on Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oD1ieQ17VUyKgU7eVXgMHOTP5xBWbDRA/view?usp=sharing (Hope the link works.)

martyst, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

1. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG - Similar Threads - April Update BSOD

2. BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME: Hello, I have been getting BSOD of different error every time. It has been 2 months since this issue has started and I have done every possible solution there is to every BSOD error there is from replacing every component of my pc one by one to reinstalling windows, upgrading...
  3. BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD OF DIFFERENT ERROR EVERY TIME: Hello, I have been getting BSOD of different error every time. It has been 2 months since this issue has started and I have done every possible solution there is to every BSOD error there is from replacing every component of my pc one by one to reinstalling windows, upgrading...
  4. BSOD different errors every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD different errors every time: Hello, I encountered a BSOD yesterday and it kept appearing just a few moments after windows login. Errors have mostly been something about memory management for example kmode_exception_not_handled, attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, critical structure corruption, driver...
  5. BSOD different errors every time

BSOD different errors every time: Hello, I encountered a BSOD yesterday and it kept appearing just a few moments after windows login. Errors have mostly been something about memory management for example kmode_exception_not_handled, attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, critical structure corruption, driver...
  6. Update error every time 0xC1900208

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error every time 0xC1900208: This error codes keeps in blocking the supposed to be successful update in my Windows 10 0xC1900208. The error keeps showing. I dont have this when I update last month.Help?...
  7. Update error every time 0xC1900208

Update error every time 0xC1900208: This error codes keeps in blocking the supposed to be successful update in my Windows 10 0xC1900208. The error keeps showing. I dont have this when I update last month.Help?...
  8. Update error every time 0xC1900208

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time: This has been going on for quite a while, I reinstalled OS, replaced OS drive, ran Memtest86+ twice with 0 errors, not sure what to do now. I've attached the minidumps for my 3 most recent crashes. Any help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvlkeXYpyZj72SgpUQ6VXA5PHw09?e=uOFXD5...
  10. April Update 1803 on Windows 10 fails with DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    April Update 1803 on Windows 10 fails with DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG: Hi all Yet another person with the april 2018 update failing to install! I've tried a lot of the recommendations on this forum and have essentially come to a stalemate. I am sharing the setupmem.dmp file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgUKHL1iWVHAhyHyPfyakkGKacVj Any help...