Windows 10: Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?

Discus and support Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This article talks about forced video driver updates causing significant problems. Windows 10 Automatic Updates Start Causing Problems - Forbes On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CalBear37, Jul 24, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?

This article talks about forced video driver updates causing significant problems. Windows 10 Automatic Updates Start Causing Problems - Forbes

On my wife's Win 7 dual monitor setup an "optional" update caused problems with the setup of one monitor. Reverting to the previous driver and "hiding" the update fixed the problem. That was at least a year ago but I have been watching for optional video driver updates and hiding them just in case. On my dual monitor setup there have been several video driver updates with no problem but I always worry while the required reboot is in process.

:)

CalBear37, Jul 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Monitor Resolution Problem (Cant choose FullHD)

Thank you Jesinta,

Method 2 worked, but Windows Update updated that driver and bad resolution was back.

Is there any option how to let Windows Update on automatic, and ban just some updates?

Best regards,

Kamil.

Kamil.(SVK), Jul 24, 2015
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Why are the Automatic Updates not installed automatically?

I've just found out from my other PC that there are Updates today.

I came back to my new one, checked for Updates and yes there were updates available. The message was along the lines "we'll schedule this for two days time at night when your PC is not busy". I clicked 'Scan Now' - it ignored me and the same when I tried
    again. So I switched it off and only then did the Updates started installing.

Why doesn't Automatically Update mean just that? And why did Microsoft want to delay the downloading and installation?

Taffy087, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 24, 2015
  5. CalBear37 Win User
    CalBear37, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When there's a will, there's a way. *Wink

Brink, Jul 24, 2015
  7. Avicii - Waiting for Love

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 24, 2015
  8. Geneo Win User

If there were not, eventually Microsoft would have to provide one. You can imagine the scenarios ... *Biggrin

Geneo, Jul 25, 2015
  9. bobjoe Win User
    bobjoe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.? - Similar Threads - Are automatic updates

2. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  3. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  4. what is the best choice for threat action

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is the best choice for threat action: Hello : what is the best action i should take when threat found, it is: 1- remove 2- quarantine 3 allow on device thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-choice-for-threat-action/088f16ea-41ca-4427-93d0-ab705db6e1ae
  5. Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?: I'm about to get into shuffle-the-PC's in a big way and I was wondering what the most painless method of migrating everything (settings for Windows, settings for Windows apps like Mail, applications, etc) between dissimilar PC's. I'm already moving things I can outright...
  6. Any experience with WinUSB? Good? Bad? Best?

Any experience with WinUSB? Good? Bad? Best?: WinUSB - Linux, Rescue or Windows bootable USB without formatting 142984
  7. Any experience with WinUSB? Good? Bad? Best?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any experience with WinUSB? Good? Bad? Best?: WinUSB - Linux, Rescue or Windows bootable USB without formatting 142984
  8. Best way to identify bad driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to identify bad driver?: I'm getting BSODs with different causes, but the common element seems to be "bad driver." Is that a stock answer for all BSODs? Assuming that there is a bad driver, what's the best tools or methods to discover that? I'm having this issue on only one of my Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Best choice for virtualization?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best choice for virtualization?: Former Linux user lured by Windows 10. Love it completely. Need Linux for a few things so I need to virtualize. Have Windows 10 Home (Upgraded from Windows 8.1 retail) so I don't have Hyper-V. Virtualbox isn't working quite right for me and I don't know if VMWare is worth the...
  10. Installing programs automatically in drive of my choice

Installing programs automatically in drive of my choice: I' have a SDD in which Win10 is installed, alone (C: drive). In another (D: drive) are programs. I would like to know how to perform it automaticly, I mean always installation in D: See anex, please 56461