Windows 10: Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D

Discus and support Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a long time Windows and Linux user and I wanted to join the TenForums. I use many linux distros but I also love windows *Biggrin I use W10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stickybranches, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D

I am a long time Windows and Linux user and I wanted to join the TenForums. I use many linux distros but I also love windows *Biggrin

I use W10 on my lappy and Linux on my desktop. Soon if I plan to upgrade, the OS for that may also change *Biggrin

So.. Will you allow me to join your forums and make me feel welcome or burn me with fire?

PS: Nokia should've kept making Lumias. *Sad

:)

stickybranches, Nov 5, 2015
  2. movilogo Win User

S60v5 software

Since Maemo is Linux, I'd be interested to know if it allows user to be root.

If not, it defeats the purpose of Linux, if yes, then hacking is no longer a crime in Symbian Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D :)

movilogo, Nov 5, 2015
  3. TiagoAz Win User
    Are virtual machines allowed on the WP marketplace?

As an app developer, I 'd like to know whether virtual machines / emulators are now allowed at the marketplace.

Thank you.

TiagoAz, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D

Welcome to the forum. Linux users have perspectives on personal computing that are useful to Windows users too.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 5, 2015
  5. pparks1 Win User
    I support hundreds of Linux servers. It's the right tool for the job. I run 10 on my work laptop.

pparks1, Nov 5, 2015
  6. I've just set up a dual boot system on my home desktop computer with Windows 10 and Linux Mint. Both are new to me, and I'm having a great time finding out about each operating system.

Cornishman, Nov 5, 2015
  7. Awesome! Thanks for not bashing on me guys! Don't worry! I do use Windows quite a lot actually even though for both I feel the same *Biggrin If there is one thing that Windows excels over Linux would be Laptops. Windows has really nice battery management!

8. OldMike65 Win User

Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D

Welcome to the forum stickybranches !!! Lots of folks on here run both systems.

OldMike65, Nov 5, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    I like to use Linux as a side project in VMWare, I have been following it since Slackware 3.6 so a long time. The only thing preventing me from using it is games. I do love Windows 10 though.

swarfega, Nov 5, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    You be ya!! All users are welcome here..

Welcome to the forums.

BunnyJ, Nov 5, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    I used to run Linux Mint on a USB drive for lots of reasons, but I can't anymore, since upgrading my graphic's card to the Nvidia GTX750ti and I have no idea how to fix the graphic's problem. Seems Linux does not support my card.

OldMike65, Nov 5, 2015
  12. It should support any card really, are you sure you installed the correct drivers via driver manager? Linux even supports Titan X lol *Biggrin If you use a ubuntu based distro, go into driver manager and install the latest nvidia drivers, should be 346 or 352 or something *Smile Also it could be because you are running it off a USB.

13. OldMike65 Win User

When I went on to their forum, I saw lots of folks asking the same question about that same card, did not see any real good fixes for the problem thou. Running from a USB I don't have those choices that you just mentioned. So I am hoping that maybe the up coming new release of 17.3 mint might fix this problem. *Smile

OldMike65, Nov 5, 2015
  14. I used Ubuntu daily until it went over to the Unity desktop. Can't stand having a smartphone UI on my desktop. So, I switched over to Linux Mint. Now that Ubuntu supports the Mate desktop, I'm back to using it daily. Mint 17.3 is supposed to be coming out this month, according to the Linux Mint Blog.

Mark Phelps, Nov 5, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    I used to dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu(I have tried every thing from Arch to Red Hat to Open BSD to... well, you get the idea, but always got back to Ubuntu). Now with Windows 10 I run it in a VM instead.
    I like it because I can customize it how I want it(dark theme) now that patching software doesn't work in Windows 10 anymore(memory patchers and file patchers).
    I also us Ubuntu to go where Windows shouldn't go*Wink.

Cliff S, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D - Similar Threads - Are Linux Users

2. D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.: I got on my computer today to see my home screen blank with no programs and apps and a pop up saying "Location is not available D:\User\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try...
  3. Not allow you to place this file here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allow you to place this file here: Im trying to back up however i receive an error: your organization does not allow you to place this file here. I am the admin of my own computer I dont understand why?...
  4. Not allow you to place this file here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not allow you to place this file here: Im trying to back up however i receive an error: your organization does not allow you to place this file here. I am the admin of my own computer I dont understand why?...
  5. Not allow you to place this file here

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Linux users wanting to use google or Onedrive - here's how

Linux users wanting to use google or Onedrive - here's how: Deleted -- app wants you to pay after starting process -- I HATE these sneakerware type of things -- tell users up front if its paid, trial or free. I have no objection to paid software if it does the job and is open up front but I will never use again sites that "semi-con"...
  7. Any GetRight user here?

Any GetRight user here?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v2004 x64 I am still using GetRight as Download Manager and I love it *Tongue IF Windows remove IE, Does GetRight will stop working? Thanks 163163
  8. Long time linux user here. Can viruses only be installed in windows through executables...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long time linux user here. Can viruses only be installed in windows through executables...: submitted by /u/necklessMonster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7of8e/long_time_linux_user_here_can_viruses_only_be/
  9. Minor's aren't allowed to use their accounts here

in Cortana
    Minor's aren't allowed to use their accounts here: Hi. I was using Cortana for an undefined period of time and today felt that my personalization settings were reset. Checked through Cortana settings -> found "Sign In" button in Permissions & History (Cortana). Got that stupid error 0х80190005. Tried ending process,...
  10. (Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    (Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant: Hi there Unity mode (when it works) is really good Currently upgrading a W8.1 VM to W10 -- so snapshot is of existing VM before upgrade running on Linux The Integrated Unity mode makes it very simple for running any Windows program from your VM without leaving your...