Windows 10: Are MB Makers Not Fully Supporting 7-Series Motherboards (Ivy Bridge)?

Discus and support Are MB Makers Not Fully Supporting 7-Series Motherboards (Ivy Bridge)? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there just a delay in updating drivers for 7-series boards or are manufacturers not going to fully support Ivy Bridge for Windows 10? I checked Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rcxtra, Aug 27, 2015.

1. rcxtra Win User

Are MB Makers Not Fully Supporting 7-Series Motherboards (Ivy Bridge)?

Is there just a delay in updating drivers for 7-series boards or are manufacturers not going to fully support Ivy Bridge for Windows 10? I checked Asus and MSI websites and the 8x and 9x series boards have all the drivers updated for Windows 10, but not the 7x chipset boards.

I have two B75 chipset (Ivy Bridge) custom built desktops currently running Windows 7. I'm hesitant to upgrade to Windows 10 because the motherboard manufactures are not providing ALL the updated drivers.

Available drivers posted on manufacturer websites for 7x chipset MB (sporadic at best):
    Asus P8B75-M/CSM
    - Intel Chipset (but no IMEI driver)
    - On-Board Lan (Realtek)

MSI B75MA-E33
    - On-Board Audio (Realtek)
    - On-Board Lan (Realtek)

In the meantime, I'm curious what others experiences have been with upgrading their Ivy Bridge systems to Windows 10 without all the proper motherboard drivers.

Are the default windows drivers sufficient?
    *SATA/AHCI - Any SSD/HDD issues?
    *IMEI - Does the system still support sleep states?
    *VIA Audio - I know VIA is dragging their feet on providing updated drivers.

:)

rcxtra, Aug 27, 2015

2. Upgrading from 4 GB to 8 GB RAM and new Graphic Card

Thank you but I\m still not understand about this "“(“Sandy Bridge” CPUs) or up to 1,600 MHz (“Ivy Bridge” CPUs). According to ASUS, the P8Z77-V LK supports memories up
    to 2,400 MHz". Does it means my motherboard actually support up to 2,400 Mhz RAM and it's depending on my cpu supported it or not ?

DevotedOne89, Aug 27, 2015
  3. bhbersted Win User
    Installation failure of Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Safe_OS Phase

Tried Grantpannel's trick, but same negative result. Contacted Intel and they said to replace GEN 2 Sandy Bridge with Gen3 Ivy Bridge CPU with no good result. The strange thing about all this is that Windows update to Win 10 went without a hitch with no
    compatability issues. Sasme for threshold update. Why then is the anniversary update not working and if questions are being raised about my MB/CPU being "not supported", why is if not supported after being saying it is fine for Windows 10 and the major update
    Threshold last fall?

Regards

Dr Bruce Bersted

bhbersted, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Are MB Makers Not Fully Supporting 7-Series Motherboards (Ivy Bridge)?

1. Are MB Makers Not Fully Supporting 7-Series Motherboards (Ivy Bridge)? - Similar Threads - Are Makers Fully

2. Windows 11 Xeon X-series/W-series Processor support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Xeon X-series/W-series Processor support: Microsoft adds support for the W series Xeon but not its equivalent X/performance series? I just found it very strange considering the processors are so similar. One made for Workstations and the other performance.Is there a good reason why this is? thanks....
  3. Watermark on fully supported hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Watermark on fully supported hardware: Hello,Last night I updated to the most recent version of Windows 11 Pro available to the beta tier of the Insider Program. I now have this watermark on the bottom right-hand corner of my desktop. I try not to complain too much, but some things I can't ignore. Is there any way...
  4. Watermark on fully supported hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Watermark on fully supported hardware: Hello,Last night I updated to the most recent version of Windows 11 Pro available to the beta tier of the Insider Program. I now have this watermark on the bottom right-hand corner of my desktop. I try not to complain too much, but some things I can't ignore. Is there any way...
  5. Lenovo Motherboard Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Motherboard Support: Greetings and Salutations :) I have a friend who has an older Lenovo PC and wants to upgrade it, but he does not have the manual for the motherboard. According to the system info, the motherboard is a Lenovo 31900058 STD. I tried the Lenovo site, but no luck. Can you guys...
  6. ASUS Z590 Series Motherboards Are Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    ASUS Z590 Series Motherboards Are Now Available: [img] ASUS Z590 series motherboards are designed to extract every ounce of performance from the latest 11th Gen Intel® Coreâ„¢️ processors. Updated power designs underpin the entire lineup, which is further enhanced with the latest connectivity options and boosted by...
  7. Can I upgrade a Sandy Bridge CPU to an Ivy Bridge CPU?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I upgrade a Sandy Bridge CPU to an Ivy Bridge CPU?: I currently am using a 2011 Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214, which currently has an Intel Core i3-2310M, a Sandy Bridge processor. Chipset/Southbridge vendor is Intel, chipset revision is 09, and the chipset is HM65, with Southbridge revision B2. I also updated the BIOS to 3.60,...
  8. bridging computer windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bridging computer windows 7 to windows 10: Is it possible to bridge my old computer hard drive (inspiron 1 which monitor failed) to my new 24-5000 windows 10 computer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bridging-computer-windows-7-to-windows-10/775f09b0-5bc6-4dc8-aa80-f80c6beabd59
  9. Hypervisors and Motherboard Support

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hypervisors and Motherboard Support: I am building a new server at home that will be a hypervisor, most likely Hyper-V Server 2016. There's a chance I'll run ESXi 6.0, but for now, it will likely be the Microsoft equivalent. I have two potential boards that I'll pair with my i7-2600 and the 32 GB of memory I...
  10. COM Server and OLE Document support for the Desktop Bridge

in Windows 10 News
    COM Server and OLE Document support for the Desktop Bridge: The Windows 10 Creators Update adds out-of-process (OOP) COM and OLE support for apps on the Desktop Bridge – a.k.a Packaged COM. Historically, Win32 apps would create COM extensions that other applications could use. For example, Microsoft Excel exposes its Excel.Application...