Windows 10: Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10?

Discus and support Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've been using system cleaners (CCleaner, Glary Utilities and Wise Care 365) for years on other operating systems. Although I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BicycleRow, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10?

Hey,

I've been using system cleaners (CCleaner, Glary Utilities and Wise Care 365) for years on other operating systems.
    Although I haven't experienced any problems with them so far. I just wanna know for sure, are they completely safe to use on Win 10 64-bit? Can they harm in any way the OS? I did some research and apparently a lot of sites say Microsoft doesn't recommend using such programs. Is that true?

:)

BicycleRow, Feb 7, 2017
  2. WindowsOS Win User

Safe PC Cleaner

Best free Pc Cleaner is Privazer. Been using it for years without any problems. Will get rid of all the junk on your PC including Windows.old folder and free up a lot of space. You can donate a little to the author if you want but the Free and Donors version
    are exactly the same.

Free cleaner

WindowsOS, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Mikexyo Win User
    Safe PC Cleaner

After installing and scanning. I'm impressed! My PC is already going faster than ever. Thank you!

Mikexyo, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10?

The only one I use is CCleaner which most members on here I believe use
    Never tried any others as CCleaner to me is the only one I trust
    I also run 64 bit on all my systems and had no trouble at all since 10 came out

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Most of the system cleaner / system enhancer / system Speed-up products on the market are basically Electronic Snake Oil. They do catch out a lot of less experienced users which is unfortunate as the features of these products are mostly included in the default windows install, so I would never pay for one of these utilities.

I do occasionally use CCleaner to clean up the temporary files and orphans, (files left due to faulty clean-up by programs of their own files),on a system, I also use it for uninstalling Modern Apps on Windows 10, as some are difficult to remove otherwise.

I never use any 3rd party application for working on the registry, I have used them in the past to list potential issues before manually editing using RegEdit.

There is absolutely no need or benefit to defragmenting or cleaning of the registry

If you have a specific issue with a registry entry, either to solve a problem or tweak a function, use RegEdit to export the related sub branch of the registry tree and then carefully manually edit, (knowing that you can return to a good working set)

Barman58, Feb 7, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I second that. I steer clear of the registry with CCleaner, there's no real benefit in 'cleaning' it. I do use CCleaner though - as well as cleaning out junk files it's useful for deleting cookies. You can whitelist the ones you need to keep (TenForums login, banking, etc.) then clean out all other cookies across all browsers in one step. Particularly useful for Edge/IE which natively only offer a 'delete all cookies' option.

Bree, Feb 7, 2017
  7. If you can not trust your personal experience, who then? 10 is not that different from 8. I have been using those for years on multiple systems with 10 64-bit and not a single problem ever. MS claims a lot of things, mostly that 10 is perfect, but just browsing through this forum proves otherwise, like this issue, which exists since 7:

Delete or moving files has a delay. Win 10

Using system cleaners might actually help, since it is mostly related to corrupted cache or etc.

There was one funny issue, which prevented Windows Updates from working on 10 (2 years ago), MS released reg cleaner in order to fix that error. People, who use reg cleaners were obviously already covered. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Feb 7, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10?

I use CCleaner but don't touch the registry apart from removing orphan entries from programs I know I've uninstalled. The System Restore Tool is useful for selectively deleting restore points. I've just started using Wise Cleaner in basic mode which works fine.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10?

1. Are system cleaners safe for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Are system cleaners

2. Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?: I see recommendations for back in 2019. Wondering if anyone has 2023 recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommendation-for-a-safe-duplicate-file-cleaner/0f3d6c49-41bc-4a37-865f-cddf66357642
  3. Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?: I see recommendations for back in 2019. Wondering if anyone has 2023 recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommendation-for-a-safe-duplicate-file-cleaner/0f3d6c49-41bc-4a37-865f-cddf66357642
  4. Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cleaner windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cleaner windows 10: how can i download a clean version to replace windows 10 original factory version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaner-windows-10/fff49ee9-2a57-411b-838c-9fb723814fa1
  6. Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?

Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?: Hey guys... Is using Wise Disk Cleaner safe in deleting files? I dont want to be sorry I deleted something I shouldnt. Let me know guys. . 157019
  7. what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner: what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-safe-duplicate-photo-cleaner/e900bfcb-70a7-4b06-a080-e08b65328a02"
  8. Cleaners for windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cleaners for windows 10: Is it worth buying any type of reg cleaner for windows 10. It seems all the problems with other windows have been rectified with the new windows 10. I have used them in the past but am not sure whether they are worth it....
  9. Good system cleaner/maintenance software?

Good system cleaner/maintenance software?: What's everyone using as a good system cleaner/maintenance app these days, like ccleaner? 120230
  10. Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!: I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it. I feel that registry...