Windows 10: Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

Discus and support Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 23, Dec 5, 2023.

1. 23
    23 Win User

Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?

:)

2. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

I recently got a 12-key macro keypad where the keys are programmed to be F13 - F24. These keys are recognized by Windows 10 and I can use them with Autohotkey or with other programs that let you set shortcuts such as OBS. However, I can't set them as keyboard shortcuts when I'm in the properties menu of a shortcut icon. When I hit the F13 key, for example, it doesn't show anything in the shortcut field. Is there a workaround for this or a way to edit the shortcut icons so you can assign keyboard shortcuts to them that the menu doesn't allow?

geekinchief, Dec 5, 2023
  3. npsyntax Win User
    How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.

Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:

• Windows key + F16 = slide to shutdown
    • Windows key + F17 = some wacky minimization thing
    • Windows key + F20 = mini screen clipper
    • Windows key + F21 = opens the settings
    • Windows key + F22 = projector menu
    I want to block these from happening.

I've tried:

• AHK (AutoHotkey) v. 1.1.33.02

• This code does NOT block 'Windows Key + F16' from triggering the system function listed above.
      • Using SC (scan codes) to target the key yields no use either. This example shows SC067, which represents F16.
      • To see the KeyHistory of the script directly above, after pressing 'Windows key + F16', see here.
    • Disabling Corsair iCUE
      • Only if you use hardware assignments to the mouse using iCUE, will the thumb grid buttons continue to work when the software isn't running. The problem here is, F13-F24 aren't assignable to the hardware, they require the software, in order to be mapped to the mouse.
      • It's possible to remap 1-+, F1-12, or Numpad 1-Numpad+ to F13-F24, but this defeats the purpose of using F13-F24, as the purpose what to have a decoupled set of 12 keys that could be bound to the mouse. Remapping the other sets, either ruins their original functionality or adds complexity by requiring a state toggle using AHK.
    • SharpKeys
    • Key Remapper
    • Key Manager
    • KeyTweak
    • Simple Disable Key
    • X-Mouse Button Control
    • Editing the DisabledKeys registry value to include F16. This is a Google Bard hallucination.
    Microsoft PowerToys is a no-go. It requires Windows 10 v2004 (19041) or newer, a prerequisite I cannot meet. Installation attempts fail because of this reason.

Any solutions for blocking these unwanted functions? I'm trying to preserve F13-F24, but not trigger the unwanted functions when these keys are paired with the Windows key.

npsyntax, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

Hello npsyntax,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

First of all, I would like to confirm that the combination of mouse and Windows key you mentioned here is preset for the mouse or set by yourself?

If the default Settings for "Windows Keys +F13-F24" are the options you mentioned in your thread, then your question is how to change the Settings to disable these keycombinations in Corsair iCUE.

This is an issue with the mouse device you use and the Corsair iCUE software that comes with it. There may be a way to change or disable this keystroke combination in the software.

Since this is not a Microsoft product, I'm sorry I don't know much about it. If you find that you can't customize these through the software, it may be a software design problem, or your side mouse button is not accurately recognized by your computer device. You are advised to contact the mouse after-sales support for more help.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Mitchell - MSFT, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

1. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24? - Similar Threads - Are shortcuts using

2. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  3. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?: I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to...
  4. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?: I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to...
  5. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game: I can't alt-tab or even press the windows button when I'm in a game. It doesn't matter if the game is fullscreen or bordered. Is there any fix to this? It's really annoying since I can't check discord or google chrome while I'm playing games....
  7. Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game: I can't alt-tab or even press the windows button when I'm in a game. It doesn't matter if the game is fullscreen or bordered. Is there any fix to this? It's really annoying since I can't check discord or google chrome while I'm playing games....
  8. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts: I recently got a 12-key macro keypad where the keys are programmed to be F13 - F24. These keys are recognized by Windows 10 and I can use them with Autohotkey or with other programs that let you set shortcuts such as OBS. However, I can't set them as keyboard shortcuts when...
  9. Xbox GameBar doesn't recognize F13-F24 keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox GameBar doesn't recognize F13-F24 keys: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plasticsparks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/guc2ne/xbox_gamebar_doesnt_recognize_f13f24_keys/
  10. are there any orientation shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    are there any orientation shortcuts?: i want a shortcut to rotate my screen many different times in quick succesion. but ctrl+alt+arrow isnt working. submitted by /u/officiallyaninja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0ywc3/are_there_any_orientation_shortcuts/