Windows 10: Are there beta drivers for Intel 4400 and Nvidia 840m?

Discus and support Are there beta drivers for Intel 4400 and Nvidia 840m? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 is saying that it "has stopped this device because it has reported problems" for both my Intel and Nvidia graphics, and even Portal and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuturDreamz, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Are there beta drivers for Intel 4400 and Nvidia 840m?

Windows 10 is saying that it "has stopped this device because it has reported problems" for both my Intel and Nvidia graphics, and even Portal and Little Inferno are choppy so it's definitely not using my dedicated graphics. Thanks

:)

FuturDreamz, Jan 27, 2015

2. Windows 10: On computer 'wake up' video_tdr_failure (igdkmd64.sys)

I actually just installed new intel driver software. (Follow Step 1 & 2), now I will be seeing if this update, as the drivers we were using were only in beta, will fix this.

Link to drivers as well: Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4400

ShaneMcPhillips, Jan 27, 2015
  3. I see a driver update of graphics card on the pc support website but "windows upadate" is not update it automatic, why?

thank you sir,

but I did not see "Nvidia Driver " in Device manager, but I see "Intel (R) HD Graphics 4400" in Device manager,

but I restore my system form recently restore point.

RajatRanjan, Jan 27, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Are there beta drivers for Intel 4400 and Nvidia 840m?

At this point in the life cycle of Win10 I doubt it. Did you check it out yet??

BunnyJ, Jan 27, 2015
  5. I did, and even reinstalled the drivers to no effect. A bit disappointing, but I haven't been PC gaming much recently so oh well.

FuturDreamz, Jan 28, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

That's why at this stage of the development cycle I'd recommend doing an UPGRADE rather than a fresh install -- sometimes old programs and drivers continue working after an UPGRADE but won't install separately on a NEW install.

As always though BACK UP SYSTEMS before doing any sort of upgrades / changes.

Once RTM is out then a NEW install might be OK but for the moment you are less likely to encounter problems doing an UPGRADE than a new clean install especially if your original Windows release was originally pre-installed with some OEM hardware as well (HP for example).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 28, 2015
  7. That's kind of what I did. I upgraded my existing installation to W10TP, and it is very easy to downgrade to 8.1 directly from the settings app. I most likely will do a clean install when upgrading to 10 retail, but not sure how that will work.

FuturDreamz, Jan 28, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

No it isn't easy. In fact MS says you can't do that on the download page. There are some workarounds but hopefully you have a 8.1 backup.

Luckily MS are planning to allow people to upgrade from preview to RTM but of course it is a long way away at the moment.

Anyway my graphics drivers (Apple in my case) work if I upgrade from 8.1 but do not work if I clean install. My VBox graphics drivers worked in earlier builds but haven't since 9901. If they don't work you just have to wait although you could try right clicking and running the installer in compatibility mode. That has worked for me in the past but not at the moment.

adamf, Jan 29, 2015
  9. No it isn't easy. In fact MS says you can't do that on the download page. There are some workarounds but hopefully you have a 8.1 backup.
    Are there beta drivers for Intel 4400 and Nvidia 840m? [​IMG]
    Huh, good to know. My computer is still perfectly useable right now, I just can't game for the time being.

FuturDreamz, Jan 29, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    I did the rollback a couple of times now on 2 different older computers ,a few thing didn't work, mostly just pined icons

caperjack, Feb 1, 2015
  11. it seems to me like the Store apps got updated to the Windows 10 versions, but don't revert when you downgrade. I had gotten some glitches with the Microsoft apps' tiles and names that way

FuturDreamz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Are there beta drivers for Intel 4400 and Nvidia 840m? - Similar Threads - Are beta drivers

2. Does Intel HD 4400 support Minecraft Legends?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Intel HD 4400 support Minecraft Legends?: Whenever i try to launch Minecraft legends it says "failed to initialize Direct3D 12"I need some assistance on how i can fix this issueThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-intel-hd-4400-support-minecraft-legends/b50dee6b-da16-4246-95e0-221c4bfc0286
  3. Does Intel HD 4400 support Minecraft Legends?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Intel HD 4400 support Minecraft Legends?: Whenever i try to launch Minecraft legends it says "failed to initialize Direct3D 12"I need some assistance on how i can fix this issueThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-intel-hd-4400-support-minecraft-legends/b50dee6b-da16-4246-95e0-221c4bfc0286
  4. Windows 10 on HP Envy Core i7, 8GB RAM, an Intel Memory GPU and NVIDIA 840M 2GB GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 on HP Envy Core i7, 8GB RAM, an Intel Memory GPU and NVIDIA 840M 2GB GPU: Dear Microsoft, I have a formal request because I don't know what to do from here on out. Ever since I updated to your god-awful Version 2004, I don't think there's any difference between my system and a typical Pentium 1 from the late 1990s. My laptop is too slow, lags...
  5. Driver for Visioneer 4400 USB Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver for Visioneer 4400 USB Scanner: Does anyone havr or know how to get the driver for Visioneer 4400 USB Scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-visioneer-4400-usb-scanner/f7dd0bb8-f38b-446c-adab-b51450c957b5
  6. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers: Hello, Here is my Desktop configuration: [img] I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is that the software is not playing/previewing video footage, it shows a black window instead of showing the video being played....
  7. AMD R5 with intel HD 4400 incompatibility

AMD R5 with intel HD 4400 incompatibility: Hi, I have an acer aspire e1 472G with intel HD Graphics 4400 + AMD R5 240 Acer provide the windows 10 driver only for the intel 4400 I tried every combination possible : AMD current driver, AMD beta driver, ACER intel driver, Intel website diver. And all I get is : code...
  8. Cannot update Intel HD 4400 drivers on Windows 10 x64

Cannot update Intel HD 4400 drivers on Windows 10 x64: I have a Toshiba laptop (specs are in sig) which has Intel HD4400 (i5-4200U). I have installed Windows 10 TP x64 on it. Now some games crash and looking at event logs, it is linked to a GPU driver file (igdumdim32.dll version 10.18.10.3345), which is outdated. I tried to...
  9. Nvidia Geforce 840m Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Geforce 840m Problem: Hello. I have bought a Lenovo Flex 2 and installed Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit on it. My laptop has Nvidia Geforce 840m GPU. I have downloaded the latest version of drivers include main driver and Game Ready drivers: 358.50-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql (Game...
  10. Nvidia Beta Drivers now out for Windows 10

Nvidia Beta Drivers now out for Windows 10: Nvidia have today released a beta driver for Windows 10. You can download it from here: Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA If anyone has a link to the changelog, I'll add it here. 5694