Windows 10: are there limits to attachment size in the mail app

Discus and support are there limits to attachment size in the mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I took two 1600 x 1200, approx. 900K file size photos this morning and tired to email via the mail app, both times it put the psot into the draft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcman50, Aug 15, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

are there limits to attachment size in the mail app

I took two 1600 x 1200, approx. 900K file size photos this morning and tired to email via the mail app, both times it put the psot into the draft folder and said it couldn't send it out because either an email address was wrong or the attachment size was too large.

The photos sent fine no problem in gmail, any help would be appreciated, once again is there a attachment size limit in the mail app?

Thanks
    TC

:)

tcman50, Aug 15, 2015

2. Sending email with multiple attachments in Windows 10 mail app failed

We are using Exchange server and the allowable size limit for attachments is 100mb. I can send a single file with the size of 10mb or more or multiple files greater than 20mb using outlook 2010 or 2013. But when I setup my Exchange account in Windows 10
    mail app and attached a single 10mb file and send it, this error appeared:

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

If outlook 2010 or 2013 can send single or multiple files greater that 10mb considering that our exchange server is configured to attached 100mb file attachments, why is windows 10 mail app having problems
    attaching at least a single 10mb file? What is the maximum allowable size limit for windows 10 mail app?

RyanLasquite, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Unable to send e mails with attachments using outlook

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to send email with attachments in Outlook.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you trying to send mail using outlook.com or the mail app?

What is the size of the attachment you are trying to send?

If you are using mail app then I would suggest you to follow the below step,

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you send an email that exceeds the maximum email size limit of the recipient’s email provider then the mail with attachment will stay in the mailbox.

For outlook.com and Hotmail the maximum email size limit is (10MB per file attachment).For Microsoft Outlook it is 20 MB.

Reply us with more information to help you assist better.

Anup Karkal, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I just sent a 3.9MB .pdf file to another of my E-Mail accounts without problem.

Berton, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. are there limits to attachment size in the mail app - Similar Threads - are limits attachment

2. Mail app folders limit or memory limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app folders limit or memory limit: Hi, I have currently a major issue with syncing my main Gmail account in the Mail app. I have two other Gmail accounts set in my Mail app and they work perfectly fine. I think there might be an issue with the size of my main Gmail account that causes the issues. I have lots...
  3. Mail app folders limit or memory limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app folders limit or memory limit: Hi, I have currently a major issue with syncing my main Gmail account in the Mail app. I have two other Gmail accounts set in my Mail app and they work perfectly fine. I think there might be an issue with the size of my main Gmail account that causes the issues. I have lots...
  4. Windows Mail app how to modify attachment size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail app how to modify attachment size: Hi, Do you know if there is a way to increase the attachment size for windows 10 mail app ? Perhaps some registry settings ? It looks like the maximum limit is 10 MB. No way to receive or send above that limit. My infrastructure has an exchange 2016 on it and the limits...
  5. Mail app, limited emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app, limited emails: When I type in the name of a recipient or sender, I get emails in the Mail app in Windows 10 only for the last month. I can't find emails for the previous period. But if I scroll the mails manually, I find them...
  6. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  7. viewing attachments in Mail App

viewing attachments in Mail App: I am unable to view any attachments in Mail. When I click on the email, for a half a second, it shows a link to view all attachments, but then it disappears, and there is nothing that even shows an attachment is even there. I have checked every setting I can find,...
  8. Attachments Unavailable in Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attachments Unavailable in Mail App: I don’t receive attachments for any of my email accoutns in the Mail app, although I know the attachments exist because I can access them on other devices. Microsofts automated support system hasn’t been helpful and all I can find on the issue are others with the same problem...
  9. What is the file size limit for Windows 10, Mail

What is the file size limit for Windows 10, Mail: I'm trying to send a pdf file to a vendor for review. After sending it dumped my email an attachment into the draft folder and displayed a message to check for correct spelling of the contact email address or file size is too large. What is the attachment file size limit?...
  10. Mail App attachments not showing

Mail App attachments not showing: Good morning, I'm an IT expert and I am struggling to solve this problem with windows 10 mail app. Windows 10 and Mail App are up to date with the latest updates. Some attachments are downloaded and are shown with the paperclip icon but other are missing... I can see them...