Windows 10: are there limits to attachment size in the mail app

Discus and support are there limits to attachment size in the mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I took two 1600 x 1200, approx. 900K file size photos this morning and tired to email via the mail app, both times it put the psot into the draft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcman50, Aug 15, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

are there limits to attachment size in the mail app

I took two 1600 x 1200, approx. 900K file size photos this morning and tired to email via the mail app, both times it put the psot into the draft folder and said it couldn't send it out because either an email address was wrong or the attachment size was too large.

The photos sent fine no problem in gmail, any help would be appreciated, once again is there a attachment size limit in the mail app?

Thanks
    TC

:)

tcman50, Aug 15, 2015

2. Sending email with multiple attachments in Windows 10 mail app failed

We are using Exchange server and the allowable size limit for attachments is 100mb. I can send a single file with the size of 10mb or more or multiple files greater than 20mb using outlook 2010 or 2013. But when I setup my Exchange account in Windows 10
    mail app and attached a single 10mb file and send it, this error appeared:

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

If outlook 2010 or 2013 can send single or multiple files greater that 10mb considering that our exchange server is configured to attached 100mb file attachments, why is windows 10 mail app having problems
    attaching at least a single 10mb file? What is the maximum allowable size limit for windows 10 mail app?

RyanLasquite, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Unable to send e mails with attachments using outlook

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to send email with attachments in Outlook.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you trying to send mail using outlook.com or the mail app?

What is the size of the attachment you are trying to send?

If you are using mail app then I would suggest you to follow the below step,

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you send an email that exceeds the maximum email size limit of the recipient’s email provider then the mail with attachment will stay in the mailbox.

For outlook.com and Hotmail the maximum email size limit is (10MB per file attachment).For Microsoft Outlook it is 20 MB.

Reply us with more information to help you assist better.

Anup Karkal, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I just sent a 3.9MB .pdf file to another of my E-Mail accounts without problem.

Berton, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. are there limits to attachment size in the mail app - Similar Threads - are limits attachment

2. Limit email download size

in Browsers and Email
    Limit email download size: How to limit download size in Windows Mail. For instance to set Windows Mail to download mails with attachments up to 100 Kb? 131150
  3. E Mail Limits

in Windows 10 Customization
    E Mail Limits: What are the daily e-mail limits I can sent from my home to members of my organization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-limits/9a330151-3f4b-47c9-a33e-97eabf16e333
  4. e-mail attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    e-mail attachments: Up until several days ago, I was able to open e-mail attachments, such as articles, op-eds, You Tube, etc. Not anymore. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-attachments/dcf84931-f979-4611-b7fa-adf93ba9f3b6
  5. Mail App attachments not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App attachments not showing: Good morning, I'm an IT expert and I am struggling to solve this problem with windows 10 mail app. Windows 10 and Mail App are up to date with the latest updates. Some attachments are downloaded and are shown with the paperclip icon but other are missing... I can see them...
  6. E-mail attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail attachments: Cannot attached files when sending e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-attachments/2f2e4129-5d02-4eb9-bfc1-b905de3a15bb
  7. Attachments don't appear in the Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments don't appear in the Mail app: If I try to open an email with an attached image, it just shows up blank. If I open it in another mail program, the image shows up fine. 16266
  8. Windows 10 Mail App - Forward as Attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App - Forward as Attachment: Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't seem to find a "forward as attachment" option in Windows 10 Mail App. I used it extensively in Windows Live Mail. Has the option been removed? 33955
  9. Limit Size of Hiberfil.sys?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Limit Size of Hiberfil.sys?: Every time I try to do research about Hiberfil.sys, all I end up finding is a bunch of tutorials about how to delete it completely. However, in the event that I'm doing something extremely important and my laptop's battery does run out, I'd prefer not to lose everything I've...
  10. Tile Size limited

in Windows 10 Support
    Tile Size limited: Trying to resize some of my tiles on the Windows 10 start menu. I have added Outlook 2016 and want to set it to Wide but the only options are Small & Medium. How do I get all the options on the resize? 35119