Windows 10: are UWP's dying out? :/

Discus and support are UWP's dying out? :/ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How far are UWP's, iknow PWA's are coming to.. but will UWP's still grow further and become More stable and better? Because i want to use The Store and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ph0werd, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Ph0werd Win User

are UWP's dying out? :/

How far are UWP's, iknow PWA's are coming to.. but will UWP's still grow further and become More stable and better? Because i want to use The Store and some apps in the store (iknow its UWP based) thats why i have this question *Biggrin and some people on reddit always choose for Win32 .. but i dont get it win32 will die out ones a day so whats the point for not to try out UWP's/PWA's.. but when UWP's/PWA's will fail then MS Edge, The Store will fail.. and what is Windows 10 then? .. come on we are going into the future, so what you think about UWP's/PWA's.. and yeah iknow Mobile Phones from MS failed to, and then UWP's was a good thing, but with the fail from the Mobile phones.. UWP's are not important for Developers anymore.. Win32 is the reason why Windows still is here.. its an important piece of software (APi) for the OS.. but we are going into the Future right? Cheers!

:)

Ph0werd, Mar 30, 2018

2. Calling UWP Bluetooth Radio class operation in non UWP library

hi;

We have an existing WPF application that cannot be migrated to UWP. I have seen that it is possible to use UWP libraries in NON UWP projects. I was able to put together a non UWP library accessing the Radio object. Though it compiles ok I am not seeing any
    Results returned. I was not able to setup the operation to use async directly. Was getting an error indicating await was not defined for the interface returned by the GetRadioAsyn() function. There is a GetResults operation on the returned result and I was
    thinking this would perform an async call on the operation, but it appears not to.

I would like to know how I caould configure a NON UWP project to call the Radio class functions, and/or if it could be explained how to get async to work when including the UWP libraries (into the non UWP project).

Peter

Peter Simard, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Apps won't Launch after Anniversary Update

I am having the same problem as reported here. I have tried the steps outlined above, saw no red in the powershell script, and I still am unable to launch any UWP app. Shell's taskbar loads (win32), but the start menu won't open (uwp). Edge won't open
    (uwp). Notepad will open (win32). Settings, Store, Photos, Movies all won't open (uwp).

Jeff Bogdan, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Superfly Win User

Hopefully yes... there is a marked difference between what we percieve and what actually determines the app. UWP is a container (very uncool but secure) that uses XAML as an interface (very cool) to provide a "fits all" solution - with Windows Phone dead, it no longer matters.
    PWA is a hybrid for Web... a welcomed departure - those of us that got schooled in stuff like Multitier architecture - Wikipedia will never use UWP.

Superfly, Mar 31, 2018
Thema:

1. are UWP's dying out? :/ - Similar Threads - are UWP's dying

2. UWP Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Problem: è da novembre che Armoury crate viene sospeso nel task manager mi esce un icona UWP. avevo quest'app installata anche prima e non aveva mai dato problemi. ho formattato il pc e reinstallato windows 11 in modo pulito ma niente.Ho provato a seguire una guida UWP Suspending...
  3. UWP Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Problem: è da novembre che Armoury crate viene sospeso nel task manager mi esce un icona UWP. avevo quest'app installata anche prima e non aveva mai dato problemi. ho formattato il pc e reinstallato windows 11 in modo pulito ma niente.Ho provato a seguire una guida UWP Suspending...
  4. UWP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP: hi MSFT I build a c++ UWP app like : it's run well on Win10/W11 22000.one day, OS update to Win11 22612, UWP not change a code,now focus at my 1st checkbox every launch, I check my code that doesn't any part for focus.how can I investigate this?...
  5. uwp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uwp: windowuwp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp%E7%A8%8B%E5%BA%8F%E5%9C%A8%E4%BC%91%E7%9C%A0/b3836417-744c-4cff-9089-2b1f59ebc06d
  6. UWP

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP: Install.wiminstall.wim3D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%9C%9F%E8%AE%A9%E4%BA%BA%E6%8A%93%E7%8B%82/bdc1a792-2abd-4f20-9102-0801f79b1fc2
  7. Critical Process Died -- totally locked out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died -- totally locked out: I set up a new HP laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed today. I got everything set up fine, with Windows Hello login and a PIN. After installing all my software and personal files, I went to shut down and saw there were updates to install. On restarting, the updates kept...
  8. Uwp suspension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uwp suspension: When i'm using discord, this Uwp process suspends it to save power why and how do i disable it. It's annoying cause i have to close discord and open it again. submitted by /u/AFROSword [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4o9se/uwp_suspension/
  9. UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out: I recently started using gamepass on PC and when I installed games from the windows store, the apps were displaying their icons correctly. But when i played with my desktop icon zoom, they started looking like this any the won't go back. Is there any way to fix this, or is it...
  10. UWP's on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP's on Windows: Are there any plans to phase out or make UWP's optional in the future? I've just spent the last two days messing with Metro Exodus from XGP for PC trying to fix the colors from being washed out and looking horrible and I can't doanything to fix it because of the UWP API. Like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xaml jeff bogdan

2. why is WPF dying