Windows 10: Are Win10 Home and Pro editions on the same iso?

Discus and support Are Win10 Home and Pro editions on the same iso? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm downloading a fresh iso from Tech Bench using method 1 on this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html everything I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CmmTch, Jun 25, 2016.

1. CmmTch Win User

Are Win10 Home and Pro editions on the same iso?

I'm downloading a fresh iso from Tech Bench using method 1 on this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html everything I see indicates a single iso from either Tech Bench (method 1) or using the MCT (method 2) has both Home and Pro editions. If this is the case then I only need one USB W10 x64 iso to cover both editions, and as a boot option to repair if needed.

I have four computers, my desktop, and laptop with W10 Home and Pro 64x, my wife has two laptops still on Win7, one Home and one Pro both 64x. The laptop with Win7 Pro is getting W10 today, I'm downloading the Tech Bench iso right now to have it if the "Upgrade Now" choice fails on method 2 of the tutorial above.

TIA for any replies, just want to make sure what I read is how it works.

:)

CmmTch, Jun 25, 2016

2. upgrade from windows 8.1 home to windows 10 professional

WYSIWYG.

Win8.1 Home upgrades to Win10 Home, Win8.1 Pro upgrades to Win10 Pro, etc.

<EDIT> Once you've upgraded from Win8.1 Home to Win10 Home, you can then purchase an upgrade to Win10 Pro.
    </EDIT>

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Win 8.1 Pro upgraded to Win 10 Home

I had the same problem, I rolled back to 8.1, and to my surprise it rolled back to 8.1 home edition. my machine is a dell venue 8 pro. I was part of the insider program from the beginning, all the previews were running win10 pro. when I downloaded 10240,
    it changed to home edition.

MarcDallaire, Jun 25, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro is included in the same ISO file. You need to install/upgrade to either one, that is supported to your existing windows version.

If the ISO is already downloaded, I personally find the "upgrade now" way is slower than the Point 7 on this Tutorial:

5. CmmTch Win User
    Thanks Arc, I know it's slower but in our case we aren't in a hurry, just hanging around the house. I have a pretty good connection (20M download) so only took 20 mins or so to get the Tech Bench iso and about the same time to Upgrade Now.

We're at the point of restart to upgrade your pc. I'll mark the thread solved.

CmmTch, Jun 25, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Good news, Steve. *Smile
    For any other questions/issues, dont hesitate to ask your fellow members.

Thema:

1. Are Win10 Home and Pro editions on the same iso? - Similar Threads - Are Win10 Home

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Home edition verse Pro??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home edition verse Pro??: other than cost between them. I have home edition. what does Pro offer that home doesn't?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-edition-verse-pro/e0f84092-a80d-45b3-a4f8-48b887a19a4a
  6. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  7. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  8. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  9. can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key: hi guys I need your help, I have win10 home on my pc, but I want to install win10 pro on my pc by using same win10 home key for Activation win10 pro. Is that same key can I use for Win10 Pro Activation, which I have for win10 Home, please let me know. The reason of make...
  10. Win10 Downgraded Win8.1 Pro To Home Edition

Win10 Downgraded Win8.1 Pro To Home Edition: I was finally able to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10... All went perfectly until Windows told me it was not activated, which went smoothly... After rebooting Windows 10 again said it was not activated... I checked and even tried to reactivate it but not only would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are windows 10 home and pro same iso

2. is windows 10 home and pro the same iso

3. are win10 and win 10 home the same