Windows 10: Arg - 3 BSODs, 100% done, then back to zero!

Discus and support Arg - 3 BSODs, 100% done, then back to zero! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to upgrade Win 7 Pro x64. The old SSD with the OS wasn't big enough; s new larger SSD arrived today and in about 20 minutes (thanks to Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zdub, Jul 25, 2016.

1. zdub Win User

Arg - 3 BSODs, 100% done, then back to zero!

Trying to upgrade Win 7 Pro x64. The old SSD with the OS wasn't big enough; s new larger SSD arrived today and in about 20 minutes (thanks to Macrium Reflect) I was up & running again.

Then started the Windows 10 upgrade.

At about 25% I got my first BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Bluescreenview says the culprit was CLFS.SYS. Restarted the update and it continued from 25%. BAM, another BSOD with the same error. Restarted, update continued, and ANOTHER BSOD (same error) at about 75%! Restarted it one more time and lo & behold it got to 100%. Yay. Then it verified, went to about 98%, and started the upgrade over from 0% again!

Noticed that my non-bootable 1Tb ATA drive had a Window10Update directory on it. Was it possibly also trying to update that drive???

In any event, I canceled the upgrade, and am now in the process of downloading the ISO. It's going to be a while, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. (I will disconnect the other drive.)

Thanks.

:)

2. LanceOtis Win User

Windows 10 Boot Failure, Spinning Wheel of Death

God, I love you. Pulling the dongle got the screen back. It says 75% complete on installing the Anniversary Update (1607) Eleven hours and counting... Good that I have a second computer that still works.

Got to 100% on the update in about 30 minutes. But no login screen. Arg..!

LanceOtis, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Frequent BSOD from DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (among other reasons)

I'm running windows 10 on an Acer Aspire. Computer likes to crash up to 3 times a day. The error codes vary.

I have an incomplete list:

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

DIVIDE BY ZERO

The BSOD screen promises to reboot itself, but I've let it sit for 2 hours before, and it doesn't. I've always done a hard shutdown.

EdwardLee3, Jul 25, 2016
  4. zdub Win User

PS - Installed via ISO on USB drive. Worked, although there was a bit of a problem getting it to allow proper resolution for my Samsung monitor...

5. axe0 New Member
    Hi zdub,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

This issue sounds like a driver problem, I would like to provide a suggestion but I first want to see if I can find anything in the zip that is created by the DM Log Collector from the BSOD Posting Instructions *Smile
    Please read How to upload files

6. zdub Win User
    Thanks axe0. At this point things are running fine after the install from ISO so no reason to dissect the problem further.

zdub, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Arg - 3 BSODs, 100% done, then back to zero! - Similar Threads - Arg BSODs 100%

2. 3 different BSOD errors back to back Memory management, Inaccessible boot device, Critical...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 different BSOD errors back to back Memory management, Inaccessible boot device, Critical...: I just got 3 diffferent BSODs in a row Memory management, inaccessible boot device, critical process died, in that order. Device tried to start automatic repair but failed. Unable to boot into safe mode, or reset PC. No restore points were made prior to the incident. Before...
  3. 3 different BSOD errors back to back Memory management, Inaccessible boot device, Critical...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 different BSOD errors back to back Memory management, Inaccessible boot device, Critical...: I just got 3 diffferent BSODs in a row Memory management, inaccessible boot device, critical process died, in that order. Device tried to start automatic repair but failed. Unable to boot into safe mode, or reset PC. No restore points were made prior to the incident. Before...
  4. VRAM is Zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VRAM is Zero: Hello,I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core processor, an MSI RTX 3070 trio, and a b550 DS3H GIGABYTE motherboard. I just installed Windows 10 onto my computer but now my VRAM is at zero. I looked in BIOS for an option to adjust the VRAM, but there is no option. Please help me...
  5. zero access to any shares for zero reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zero access to any shares for zero reason: I make a share. how do i access it? what do i put into the box it brings up? It is certainly not the name and pass of the user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zero-access-to-any-shares-for-zero-reason/beb229dc-b6a7-4da1-a07b-55ff782be0e0
  6. Win 10 2004 update taking 3 days and not done

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 2004 update taking 3 days and not done: Win 10 2004 update has been taking three days to finish, it ain't close to being done. It looks like it went from "getting things ready" to "installing" and now it's back to "getting things ready." What in the world is this update going to be if it ever does get installed? Is...
  7. zero windows settings stick and stay, zero

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    zero windows settings stick and stay, zero: None of my settings ever made in windows 10 actually stays. I tell it to defrag daily and it always switches back to weekly. I play a video and wonder why my sound sounds like poop and every time I have to switch back the audio settings from 100% volume, 2ch and...
  8. Windows 10 main update goest back to zero.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 main update goest back to zero.: Every time I try to update pc using windows 10 update assistant app(which installed by itself on pc) , it goes upto some 5percent. Then i hybernate the computer and the next day when i open it up and reconnect to the net, the bar went back to zero! Please help me get this...
  9. 3 BSOD's in the last 3 days

3 BSOD's in the last 3 days: Hello, I've been getting BSOD's every day since 3 days ago. The first one had the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error, as well as the third one. The second one was the "IRQL_unexpected_variable" error. According to BlueScreenView, the 1st and 3rd BSOD's were caused by Ntoskrnl.exe, and...
  10. BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3

BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3: Slowly i'm starting to think my graphic card has a problem. This system is completely new (all exept for the gpu, 2x ssds and 1x hdd). I had overclocked to 4.3ghz, but after many crashes in crysis 3 and witcher 3, i thought i'd revert to stock to see how it fairs. While...