Windows 10: Arial Narrow on Windows 10

Discus and support Arial Narrow on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am continually getting a message that Arial Narrow is not loaded on to my computer when I am printing a document that I use all the time. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuzieKWA, Aug 2, 2018.

1. SuzieKWA Win User

Arial Narrow on Windows 10

Hi, I am continually getting a message that Arial Narrow is not loaded on to my computer when I am printing a document that I use all the time. Is there a download for Windows 10 to prevent this from popping up anymore? I do not have any Microsoft Office programs on this computer as we only use it for Quickbooks and a few other things for our business. When I had Windows 7 I never had an issue with this.

Thanks

:)

SuzieKWA, Aug 2, 2018

2. Arial Narrow Bold font renders in Bold Italic

When my Arial Narrow font is set to Bold, it renders in Bold Italic. I tried: rebooting the OS and reinstalling the Arial Narrow family from a backup, but the issue still persists.

I noticed a workaround in deleting the Arial Narrow Bold Italic variant, but I don't want to do that for the font to render properly. Otherwise, if I choose
    Arial Narrow Bold, rather than set Arial Narrow to Bold, it displays fine.

I observed (via Office font selection) that each Arial variant is OpenType, except for a TTF version of Arial Narrow I somehow got long ago. However, in my Windows fonts folder, I supposedly have the
    full Arial Narrow font family (which reports as TTF).

(Screenshot from Word 2013 font selection drop boxArial Narrow on Windows 10 :)

Arial Narrow on Windows 10 b8ec2614-8017-4499-adbb-80cb030f6b73.jpg

Can anyone educate me as to why this issue persists and provide clarity on how this rendering works? Thanks in advance!

Arial Narrow on Windows 10 smile.gif

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Grundberg74, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Corrupted Arial Narrow font stops Notification and Edge display

2 problems I had:

1. Edge displays Times font for all web content. (Not talking about Reading View here)

2. Notification fails to open.

I saw in another forum a comment about corrupted Arial Narrow fonts stopping Notifications. It is associated with

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe in Event Logs.

Going to Windows\Fonts and opening Arial font display and clicking on Arial Narrow shows no text. Deleting all Arial Narrow font variations fixes the problems.

I think Arial Narrow is installed with Office 2016. That is when the problems started.

Hope that helps anyone with same problem.

sluggoslade, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Arial Narrow on Windows 10

Arial Narrow Bold font renders in Bold Italic

Thank you all to the helpful responses. I believe that I've fixed the problem on my own.

First, I deleted the entire Arial font family (except the protected ones).

Next, I reinstalled Office 2013.

As expected, Office installed a fresh Arial font family. Turns out that I had two variants of Arial Narrow on backup from years ago. In other words, these two font files were outdated and redundant. (When I installed Office 2013 the first time, I must've
    copied my entire fonts library over.)

But it has all been set right. Now when I set a font to Arial Narrow and click
    B, it doesn't italicize. My Arial font family is bug-free now. I deleted Arial from my personal font collection as I know I'll only need it from the genuine software source (Windows, Office. etc.)

Thanks again! Arial Narrow on Windows 10 :)

Grundberg74, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Arial Narrow on Windows 10

1. Arial Narrow on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Arial Narrow

2. Why some fonts that i use one paint change to arial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why some fonts that i use one paint change to arial: i was going to type a word in ms paint, then for some reaso it turned to arial and i couldn't change it, i used the control panel, and it didn't work, the fonts are Adrianna and Arena Extended, i need help with this...
  3. Why some fonts that i use one paint change to arial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why some fonts that i use one paint change to arial: i was going to type a word in ms paint, then for some reaso it turned to arial and i couldn't change it, i used the control panel, and it didn't work, the fonts are Adrianna and Arena Extended, i need help with this...
  4. Arial MT Font licencing

Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  5. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  6. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What has caused some Windows 11 PC's to move to Arial version 7.01, others remain on...

What has caused some Windows 11 PC's to move to Arial version 7.01, others remain on...: Strange question here. On our Windows 11 computers all same 22H2 version of Windows 11, including the March update, some have Arial font version 7.01 others are still on 7.0. This creates a problem in programs that embed fonts generally, graphics design apps, because every...
  8. Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates

Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates: After system updates, Arial Narrow Regular font is now missing from my computer. Arial Narrow Italic, Arial Narrow Bold and Arial Narrow Bold Italic are all still installed and working properly. The Arial Narrow Regular version is no longer showing up in my system fonts...
  9. Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10: We upgraded 4 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and also installed Office 365. Along the way, we discovered that many Excel files were showing as blank. Tracked it down to missing Arial Narrow font on all the computers. It was there in Windows 7 and Office 2010, but...
  10. Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

in Browsers and Email
    Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.: Hi all, Just out of nowhere, a number of websites started displaying Helvetica Narrow font instead of Arial font. I think only Arial is affected, and I have seen others having the same issue and all they could do was to delete Helvetica Font... The actual font displayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arial narrow windows 10

2. arial narrow font for windows 10

3. arial narrow font windows 10

4. install arial narrow font windows 10,
  5. windows 10 problem arial narrow,
  6. windows fonts arial.ttf,
  7. windows10 arial narrow,
  8. arial narrow font win 10,
  9. windows10 書体 arial narrow,
  10. windows 10 problem arial narrow print,
  11. arial narrow for pc,